Accepted/withdrawing/waitlists/rejected  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Accepted/withdrawing/waitlists/rejected

• Accepted and attending Mac
    • Accepted and withdrawing
    • Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

But I feel like the trend for many people is that Mac is one of their last choices when it comes against UT, Queens and Western so maybe that will work to our advantage :)

True. And someone in the Queens thread had posted that they spoke to someone in the admissions office who had said that waitlist offers weren't going to go out early for them either because they had lots of people responding, perhaps due to the new curriculum/building....which, while it's unfortunate for the Queens waitlistees is perhaps good news for us :)

Though as we get closer and closer to the coming week I'm becoming more and more stressed...

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lolol I think I'm responsible for about 1000 of those views.

I really hope that by this time next week some or all of us will have heard good news!!!

awe I hope you're feeling better margiethemoo, haha no illness can stop you from refreshing multiple times a day

and andy I'm the same way, the closer it draws to May29, I feel my stomach church May15 style all over again!

Come on weekend poll-goers, let's see some movement and votes!

I need to look for ways to pass some time. I've already looked through the Mac student council website that someone posted on the countdown thread (which makes me want to go to the school so much more - you see all their interest groups scheduled, so cool!!) Any other similar suggestions? Mac med student blogs?

I need to look for ways to pass some time. I've already looked through the Mac student council website that someone posted on the countdown thread (which makes me want to go to the school so much more - you see all their interest groups scheduled, so cool!!) Any other similar suggestions? Mac med student blogs?

I went to ToysRUs yesterday and got a 1000 piece puzzle. I hope that keeps me busy till the waitlist moves, lol. Maybe I'll even post pictures here of my progress!

My post count's at 3333 ! That's not gonna happen again for a while

I went to ToysRUs yesterday and got a 1000 piece puzzle. I hope that keeps me busy till the waitlist moves, lol. Maybe I'll even post pictures here of my progress!

My post count's at 3333 ! That's not gonna happen again for a while

good news, I just checked the accepted/waitlisted/rejected thread and another candidate has passed up their acceptance for another school... assuming they didn't vote here, that's another spot for the accepted and withdrawing, cha-ching ;) hahaahaha

Oooh. I'd love to see pictures of that puzzle. I barely have the patience for one that's 100 pieces ;).

And the candidate also has also removed themselves from the waitlist at other schools too, which is also good!

any more memes for today ;)?

pps. oh no margie I was sooo sick last week, something is definitely going around!! Feel better!

I tried posting some but the links don't work! What an epic fail, just like the rest of today :(

Do you guys think they might not have sent offers today because things are in fact similar to queens because they are saying there that fewer people have dropped spots overall, which is why they have not sent anything. So no early response from mac means something similar is happening? :(

Do you guys think they might not have sent offers today because things are in fact similar to queens because they are saying there that fewer people have dropped spots overall, which is why they have not sent anything. So no early response from mac means something similar is happening? :(

No. I think they're just following their original plan which was no offers till next week. The Queens scenario is very different from the Mac one and Mac gets the most waitlist movement anyway (PM101 numbers).

Also, DO NOT ATTEMPT 1000 piece puzzles. I've spent quite a while and accomplished pretty much nothing.

IMG_20120525_174517.jpg

IMG_20120525_181740.jpg

^ I see you've done the 'spread all the pieces out and will detect matching pairs with super-vision' technique.

I'm jealous. Puzzles >>> dealing with dissertation that just. wont. :mad:

Lol I put all the edge pieces on the table and all the rest on the floor. I haven't even been able to put together the border yet -.-"

No. I think they're just following their original plan which was no offers till next week. The Queens scenario is very different from the Mac one and Mac gets the most waitlist movement anyway (PM101 numbers).

Also, DO NOT ATTEMPT 1000 piece puzzles. I've spent quite a while and accomplished pretty much nothing.

lolol this looks more impossible than our chances of getting off from the waitlist. although if solving this is what it takes...

thanks for your well wishes guys! feeling better.. let's hope for the best and not get too crazy paranoid. when I saw there was an update on the accepted/rejected/waitlisted post I admit my heart sank a little thinking the waitlist had already moved...

At least it's keeping you busy, and you'll probably feel very accomplished once you've finished :).

How are the Queens and Mac situations different? I've only been able to come up with a few scenarios:

A) like dreamsneverdie said, more people than anticipated have accepted at Mac

B) Mac has decided to hold off and only send offers on/after the first acceptance date regardless of how many people they have (though I can't understand why they would do this if they wanted to scoop up all their top applicants, who are waiting to be removed from the waitlist at mac vs. accept at their second choice school)

C) People who have multiple offers are deciding between two non-Mac schools, thus are still declining but Mac doesn't know about them yet (my personal favourite)

Super impressive that we have 99 in the poll though, 18% of the applicant pool. Let's keep it going!

lolol this looks more impossible than our chances of getting off from the waitlist. although if solving this is what it takes...

thanks for your well wishes guys! feeling better.. let's hope for the best and not get too crazy paranoid. when I saw there was an update on the accepted/rejected/waitlisted post I admit my heart sank a little thinking the waitlist had already moved...

LOL I agree. It's wayyyy more work than I expected.

I've arranged stuff all through Monday to keep my mind off Wendy. This is even worse than waiting for May 15

I didn't even think of that - it's unfortunate that people would try and skew the results.

I expect quite a few people to be voting inaccurately (intentionally) to motivate people towards various schools. Last year there were quite a few troll threads where the OP criticized a school to make people decline their offer while he himself was waitlisted.

And then there's the trolls that just vote wrongly for the fun of it and don't care about other people at all. That's the reason why I keep saying : Interpret the poll results with caution! The margin of error is likely quite high when you account for ALL the factors

Account for trolls too

And some of the 'rejections' may have been pre-interview rejections.

I know I'm being ridiculously paranoid now, but I've also noticed that there are generally always more viewers looking at the McMaster sub-forum than the other Ontario ones (including UofT with a similar class size). Could this mean a much longer wait-list? =(

I know I'm being ridiculously paranoid now, but I've also noticed that there are generally always more viewers looking at the McMaster sub-forum than the other Ontario ones (including UofT with a similar class size). Could this mean a much longer wait-list? =(

I wouldn't worry about it. :)

The number of viewers isn't too different between the sub forums. Also, Mac waitlisters tend to be more hopeful than most other schools just because more people seem to get off the waitlist here than anywhere else in Ontario.

At this point I would completely forget about all numbers and just wait. Analyzing digits now simply won't give us anything quantitative or meaningful and is more detrimental than useful.

At this point I would completely forget about all numbers and just wait. Analyzing digits now simply won't give us anything quantitative or meaningful and is more detrimental than useful.

Too true. Thanks for reminding me =)

No amount of paranoid calculations will change my position on the waitlist now. Gonna hope that all of us get some good news in the next few days, and if not, there are much worse things in life than re-application.

RE: more viewers. this may be because sometimes i leave my phone/laptop on this forum and forget to close it. lol.

maybe us Mac hopefuls are just that much more desperate. ORRRR... they're just waiting for your awesome memes, dreamsneverdie. :D

RE: more viewers. this may be because sometimes i leave my phone/laptop on this forum and forget to close it. lol.

maybe us Mac hopefuls are just that much more desperate. ORRRR... they're just waiting for your awesome memes, dreamsneverdie. :D

Let's be real, I just worked an 8 hour shift... and I came back on here just for the memes ;) hahahaha and you know maybe to check that we've broken the 100 mark on people polling!

side note: these memes must be driving up the views because we're getting 1000 per day now hahaha

Archived