• Accepted and withdrawing
    • Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Marauder101!!

I was expecting lots of activity today, but I guess it's still early so people might not post their results until later (too busy celebrating I expect!). Hopefully this means there will be lots of movement tomorrow!

No news my end unfortunately. And the wait continues...

Hi folks:

Hearty congratulations for all those got out of the waitlist. Would anyone tell me what was your position on the waitlist? Does Mc give ranks on the waitlist? Just curious!!!!:rolleyes:

No, Mac doesn't give you your rank on the waitlist unfortunately. But I agree it would be really nice to know!

Unfortunately Mac doesn't give out your position on the waitlist, and I don't think we know how long the waitlist actually is. Though, has anyone tried to call them to find out how long the waitlist is/was (since they definitely won't give out your position, maybe they'll tell you the total size)?

As an addendum to my earlier post, Deborah from Toronto's admissions blog said "OMSAS shares response information with the medical schools daily, though there is about a one-day delay." and "The other thing that happens is that an applicant will reply only to OMSAS on the very last day, and then we won’t get that info for 2 days."

Not sure which one is correct, but this could also mean that anyone who made their decision on Monday, the admissions office will get them tomorrow, and the super last minute replies might arrive on Thursday (not only for accepting offers, but removing people from the waitlist)! (Or this analysis is far too hopeful...)

Unfortunately Mac doesn't give out your position on the waitlist, and I don't think we know how long the waitlist actually is. Though, has anyone tried to call them to find out how long the waitlist is/was (since they definitely won't give out your position, maybe they'll tell you the total size)?

Do you want me to ask?

sigh, more waiting. I had inbox(1) when I checked my email and almost lost my dinner, until I saw it was one of my volunteer supervisors asking for scheduling info for the fall.

-sadface-

Same... except for me, it was actually a friend checking up on whether I got off the wait list. I wasn't amused.

Waitlist movement seems pretty bad so far. I think we may have been over-hopeful :(

Same... except for me, it was actually a friend checking up on whether I got off the wait list. I wasn't amused.

Waitlist movement seems pretty bad so far. I think we may have been over-hopeful :(

This is brutal... so much buildup everyday, and then nothing.

Maybe they overaccepted by a lot this year and there's going to be almost no movement.

A trend I've noticed from previous waitlist threads (and some of this year's) is this ultra-pessimistic wallowing that brings everybody else down. It never hurts to hope.

Everyone here is going through a rough time to say the least. I think its ok for people to vent out once in a while.

That being said... exhausted waitlist tomorrow?!!!

Well honestly, I can't believe I can finally post anything like this.

After three years of applying I finally got into an Ontarian school. I mean, I did get into some US schools this year, but honestly, knowing that I get to stay a Canadian now (and save a **** ton of money) feels so damn good.

Oh I guess I should post stats and what not.

I got in at the Niagara Campus. Email came at 4:06pm

I was wait listed at Queen's as well, so I'm going to wait until I hear back from them. But wow. This is surreal. I have a feeling theres gonna be a lot of wait list movement this week because todays offers were probably from declines that happened closer to May 15th, and this week they'll start sending out offers from declines closer to the deadline. I hope you guys all get in, you deserve it!

Congratulations!!! The wait is grueling, but I'm sure its all worth it when you get that email. All the best!

This is brutal... so much buildup everyday, and then nothing.

I totally agree. It suddenly hit me this afternoon that EVERY day this summer (or at least until Wendy sends out the e-mail saying the class is full) it's going to be like this. The mounting anticipation, then intense nerves then disappointment (unless we get in that is!!)

Everyone here is going through a rough time to say the least. I think its ok for people to vent out once in a while.

That being said... exhausted waitlist tomorrow?!!!

YEAH! Great prediction! If only it would come true :)

Archived