• Accepted and attending Mac
    • Accepted and withdrawing
    • Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to think that there will still be a continuation of the wave of acceptances, but somehow I feel like I won't be getting in this cycle, so I'm going to have to call it quits because to get my hopes up every day to end up not getting in is becoming too difficult. Hopefully I'm wrong, so goodluck to all those still waiting!

Hey guys,

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences throughout this time. It really got me through the last couple of weeks. I was accepted off the waitlist today and I know you guys won't be far behind. You truly are an amazing bunch of people who will be even better doctors!

Accepted to Waterloo campus

Time Stamp: 12:53

I received my acceptance e-mail today at 12:28! This all feels so surreal to me!! I've been increasingly pessimistic for the past few days so this is a complete shock. All i gotta say is hang in there, i know it's painful but there is still a chance. The support on this forum is fantastic, I was a BIG-TIME lurker and I really did find some comfort in reading all of your posts.

Good luck!!! Fingers crossed for all of you!

Out of curiosity, did you get accepted to interview off the interview waitlist? If so, that's an amazing feat. Congrats!

Yes. The emotional roller coaster of two waitlists was enough to make me decide not to apply again. So happy I don't have to. I swear I will work for it now- I can never take this opportunity for granted.

andy and margie I feel the same way as you guys.. I think after tomorrow I will start focusing energy into american applications and resign myself to another try at med school.. but I hear you, my dreams seem very dashed (given that I am not getting younger).

still hoping for a huge exhausted waitlist wave!!

does anyone else find that their gpa on the amcas scale is higher than omsas? Seems like a bonus, but maybe I'm all wrong! At Western, 80=A=4.0 on amcas... is that true? maybe there is life and hope after the dreaded wait list

yes there is I have a 3.77gpa here and a 3.94gpa in the states. Not to mention that your AMCAS application allows you to write more than a "tweet" about experiences... however, secondaries are crazy expensive.

Hey all,

Long time creeper and fellow anxiety ridden wait-listee. Mac is the only school I interviewed at and still waiting at this point is slowly driving me up the wall. I just wanted y'all to know that reading all your kind words and watching you support each other has been heart-warming and definetely one of the things keeping me grounded this week. So thank you!

Here's to getting a windfall of offers tomorrow!

alright the energy level is feeling pretty low, mainly because the majority of us are feeling like this:

21228323.jpg

but really, I got this feeling we have a chance at waitlist exhaustion and should be feeling like:

21228899.jpg

and if worse comes to worse, remember the wise words of chemistry cat:

9464817.jpg

Happy wait-listing everybody and may the odds be forever in our favour ;)

lolol tee! :)

what would we do without memes?

keep the faith! it's not over until it's over right?? :D

it's just hard to field the unending questions of "did you hear from them yet?" and "so what's your plan b?"

gahhh. I feel like, trust me. if I hear from them, the whole world will know! lol

yes there is I have a 3.77gpa here and a 3.94gpa in the states. Not to mention that your AMCAS application allows you to write more than a "tweet" about experiences... however, secondaries are crazy expensive.

true... nothing I would like more than to get off the wait list - but it will be very expensive to wait yet another year for the Canadian medical school lottery which seems to make less and less sense - it really does feel as though without reinventing myself, taking another undergrad, I will be right back here next year...sigh..

sigh. . . i feel very similarly. I'm trying to stay positive but I feel like as the days pass the chance grows ever smaller. the obsessive email refreshing is so exhausting too!

plus i'm in Newfoundland so I get an extra hour and a half of waking anxiety before Wendy even gets to work!

extra hour and a half of waking anxiety before Wendy even gets to work!

I'm living across the pond, so that's an extra 5 hrs of anxiety for me! Hah!

Last day for me as well - perhaps Mac has secretly built another satellite campus especially to surprise us wait-listers :eek: Will keep up good spirits until 5pm Eastern Time. After that, re-app time!

How expensive are we looking at here? I'm starting to short list the number of american schools I want to apply to next year and cost is definitely a limiting factor for me

Ah I hear you, if you get a chance check out the MSAR book at chapters for exact prices but off the top of my head, it's a base fee of about 200$ then about 50$ for each school you apply to for primaries, then each individual school has an additional fee between 85-135$ per secondary... What is mind boggling

And frustrating is that it's all done online! So per school it's between 135-185$ in total to apply. Look into Canadian friendly schools and "backup" schools because of the lottery in america apparently they apply to 15-20 schools and hope for one which I thought was nuts but given the Canadian lottery it actually seems to make sense now.

For AMCAS prices - its a base fee (like OMSAS) and then 30 dollars per school. The secondaries range from 60-125. Check out the applying to american schools forum, you will find all the info there.

Wow what school is 60$?! that's awesome lol Dartmouth was 135$ and Tulane and Columbia were 85$!

I just know if I have to do this again to set aside about 2500$, essentially summer monies lol

I'm having a good feeling for today holdin on to the last day of

May here!

Thanks w_robin for the update!! Do you know how many are class of 2014??

Also I'm Praying for waitlist exhaustion today!!

There's 144 people in the group as of today, and atleast 20-25 of them are upper years....so we're waiting for you guys :)

There's 144 people in the group as of today, and atleast 20-25 of them are upper years....so we're waiting for you guys :)

thanks for the update aani... let's hope that means there's still 65+ spots left ;)

also LOL Leon, haha best morning picture ever.

Archived