Premed 101 Forums

2013 AMCAS Application Party Thread

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone know of someone who could check over a personal statement? Since I only got one interview this year, I feel like the personal statement might be one of the problems.. any advice?

There's a thread on SDN where people volunteer to check personal statements I think. I would be willing to look at anyone's as well (so long as they can look at mine too and give feedback lol).

Hey guys and gals,

Just a quick clarification question regarding AMCAS deadlines - submission starts June 5th and AMCAS will verify applications to begin delivering to schools end of June. Does this mean our letters of evals have to be in by the day we submit too? I understand AMCAS will wait till official transcripts arrive in order to verify but will it also delay verification if letters aren't in?

Thanks and good luck!

If you guys don't mind sharing,

How many/what kind of activities did you guys list as the most meaningful activities???:confused:

3 is max & I think max is best, since it maximizes your leverage to present yourself. That being said, 3 most meaningful activities in different areas might be the most helpful, eg. 1. volunteering, 2. employment, 3. research.

3 is max & I think max is best, since it maximizes your leverage to present yourself. That being said, 3 most meaningful activities in different areas might be the most helpful, eg. 1. volunteering, 2. employment, 3. research.

thank you for your insight!

They will look at your application only after you are complete. So, as long as your LORs reach with secondary, its fine. LORs not needed for primary application.

Some schools screen the primary before sending the secondary. Not sure if they look at LORs while screening.

This is my first time applying.

And I rlly dont know how the LOR works.

What do I tell my supervisor about LOR?

Do they send the letter directly to the AMCAS office?

or is there an electronic version?

what do they write on the LOR? is there a format to it?

Can someone plz answer?

thanks

PM me if you are willing to share some info

im even willing to meet ppl to talk about the process if you live in Edmonton area

This is my first time applying.

And I rlly dont know how the LOR works.

What do I tell my supervisor about LOR?

Do they send the letter directly to the AMCAS office?

or is there an electronic version?

what do they write on the LOR? is there a format to it?

Can someone plz answer?

thanks

PM me if you are willing to share some info

im even willing to meet ppl to talk about the process if you live in Edmonton area

I think the LOR is just a general recommendation without a specific format, except the requirement of signature & letterhead.

LORs can be mailed directly to the AMCAS office, or online to them. Interfolio is another option. All this information is online.

If you print out a letter request form on the Letters of evaluation section on AMCAS, the directions to the referees is laid out very clearly on how to submit an LOR.

Do you guys think it would be better to put down entries about awards/scholarships (listed on transcript) vs. extracurricular/hobbies (i.e. travel, study abroad, etc.)?

Thanks

If you print out a letter request form on the Letters of evaluation section on AMCAS, the directions to the referees is laid out very clearly on how to submit an LOR.

Do you guys think it would be better to put down entries about awards/scholarships (listed on transcript) vs. extracurricular/hobbies (i.e. travel, study abroad, etc.)?

Thanks

My friends and I included, listed all honours and in-course scholarships (which are visible in transcript) together as one entry.

Question: If I were to write my MCAT on the 21st of June, does that mean my primary application won't be processed until my scores are released? Which would be about mid-end July. If that's so, how disadvantaged am I for applying that late?

My friends and I included, listed all honours and in-course scholarships (which are visible in transcript) together as one entry.

Question: If I were to write my MCAT on the 21st of June, does that mean my primary application won't be processed until my scores are released? Which would be about mid-end July. If that's so, how disadvantaged am I for applying that late?

You can submit your application now without a MCAT score. Might make sense not to submit to schools requiring a high MCAT just yet though. Add those schoolsonce your great MCAT comes back :)

In the meantime, you can start pre-writing secondary passages for the schools you will be applying to for sure. (Get these off SDN). That way, once your MCAT score is back, you have your secondary ready to submit and you basically have missed no time at all!

I know this is probably posted somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Do you know how long it takes for transcripts to be marked as received on AMCAS? My transcript was mailed on May 28, 2012 and it has not shown up as received.

Thanks

Archived