Premed 101 Forums

Another Verbal Freakout

Lost&Found

I've been doing them on the computer and always timed myself at 7 minutes. I feel the time spent reading shouldn't be as big a problem as understanding what you read and why the author wrote what they wrote. Even if it takes 3.5-4 minutes to read the passage, given that you understood it clearly, the questions shouldn't take too much time. But that is the optimal VR performance lol

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been doing them on the computer and always timed myself at 7 minutes. I feel the time spent reading shouldn't be as big a problem as understanding what you read and why the author wrote what they wrote. Even if it takes 3.5-4 minutes to read the passage, given that you understood it clearly, the questions shouldn't take too much time. But that is the optimal VR performance lol

When are you writing?

Hahaha idk I really don't wanna re-write this thing... should be done content review in the next five days then finishing up the chapter passages and onto FL's... hbu? When do you write?

I'm writing on Sept 1st. Hope to be done content review in the next two weeks and then practice my butt off

at least you've shown consistency...what're your scores for the other sections?

Other subjects you mean? G. chem is around an 8 or 9 as the BR ratings go, same with physics and orgo and bio are around 9-10. Hopefully i can at least get an 11 or 12 in bio and somehow manage a 32 aghh. I find it a bit easier to imagine with scrap paper, even if i dont write anything legible :P

Other subjects you mean? G. chem is around an 8 or 9 as the BR ratings go, same with physics and orgo and bio are around 9-10. Hopefully i can at least get an 11 or 12 in bio and somehow manage a 32 aghh. I find it a bit easier to imagine with scrap paper, even if i dont write anything legible :P

Haha same here :) I want to just settle for a 32 now and be done with it.

I agree ^. My most recent test is going decent though currently at 22/27 hope to keep that up!

EDIT: nvm, got a 0/7 on one of the passages (WHAT THE ****.) and ended up with 39/60 = 8. Can't see any improvements always start off the tests with only one or two wrong and everything ends up blown to ****.

I agree ^. My most recent test is going decent though currently at 22/27 hope to keep that up!

EDIT: nvm, got a 0/7 on one of the passages (WHAT THE ****.) and ended up with 39/60 = 8. Can't see any improvements always start off the tests with only one or two wrong and everything ends up blown to ****.

Same here man, some passages i do really well, then i totally bomb a passage or two and ruins my overall.... not sure what to do at this point.

I was wondering some of those same things bored. So far, I give every passage 7 minutes and check answers after each passage. I end up doing 9 passages in 63 minutes which is a bit less time than on the AAMC but I'm not making excuses for my low scores thus far.

Archived