Premed 101 Forums

UBC Interview Invites/Regrets

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
interview stats is out like half an hour ago btw, i know im getting rejected for sure now lol

Things haven't changed that much from last year. The stats went up a little, if you look at the bottom the actual scores haven't changed much. 38.9 AQ last year and now 39.15. I think the NAQ went up like.33. Don't give up yet my friend.

I'm confused. This is from their blog:

AQ Score = OGPA (if not eligible for AGPA) or AGPA, converted to a number out of 50 (50 is the maximum score). That’s it- the AQ score is just your OGPA or AGPA, automatically converted to a number out of 50 by our computer system. The conversion mechanism is confidential. Just a warning: your AQ score might be really low, like 5 or out of 50, even if you have a good GPA. As long as your OGPA or AGPA is right, your AQ score is also right.

Could someone clarify the part in bold?

AQ Score = OGPA (if not eligible for AGPA) or AGPA, converted to a number out of 50 (50 is the maximum score). That’s it- the AQ score is just your OGPA or AGPA, automatically converted to a number out of 50 by our computer system. The conversion mechanism is confidential. Just a warning: your AQ score might be really low, like 5 or out of 50, even if you have a good GPA. As long as your OGPA or AGPA is right, your AQ score is also right.

it means they have standardized the scores.. let's say the average is a 80%..and you scored 75%.. you may only be getting a 20/50.. it depends on how the scores are distributed...

I think this is just them trying to sugar coat the AQ score someone with like 80% will get (like 16/50).

The stats sheet says they used the same formula as last year (which people on here came out with gpa x 10/3 - 250)

This formula can't be 100% accurate, although not far off at least for average scores.

If you look at AGPA and AQ scores, it overestimates AQ score slightly..

My assumption is that the 75% minimum for BC applicants have to equal something OTHER than 0/50.. perhaps the 5/50 that they are referring to??

^^ I believe the people said the cutoff for 50/50 was 90%, and anything above that didn't do anything you

ps I'm gonna stop talking about this "formula" now because I honestly know next to nothing of this whole process and don't want to spread false info

Archived