Premed 101 Forums

UBC Interview Invites/Regrets

Just got my regrets, no interview....

AQ 16.31 (the 10-yr rule would have worked better for me)

NAQ 44.47

TFR 60.78

I can't tell you how much it burns right now that I would have made last year's cut-off. Or how much I disbelieve anything from UBC that says NAQs are really all that important to them. Yes, I'm bitter - but it'll wear off in time for next year's hellish process and I can go through this again. *sigh*

Good luck everyone! It's been fun riding the crazy train with you this year :)

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got my regrets. Brutal. I had a 44.5 NAQ with a 78% average (9.18 AQ) and can't get an interview even. UBC is obvioulsy pretty pro grades.

I'm in the same boat! Good luck with your other applications! I can only apply to UBC for family reasons, so my med application season is done and dusted.

OOP Regrets

AQ: 50/50

NAQ: 23.73/50

Really frustrating because I definitely added a lot of activities to my application from last year, and my NAQ score only went up from 22.21 --> 23.73

I have no idea how to improve that score if not through what I did. Sigh.

Hey guys!

Start this off since i just got my email. Knew from last year that i had no shot but applied to see how my score changed.

Last year, got regrets on Tuesday or Wed i think

3:12pm got email

IP

Agpa:79.7

AQ: 15.51

NAQ: 30.64

Good luck everyone!! Hope it works out for you guys!

Sorry to hear the bad news guys! I also got my regrets a few minutes ago. I was expecting it though, since this year was sort of a practice run for me. I still need to bump my GPA up. And since I wasn't even sure I was going to apply, I ended up applying super late and couldn't hear back from all my verifiers, so I ended up having to exclude some of my activities.

GPA: 80.1 17.07/50

NAQ 29.76/50

I have such an embarrassing TFR score! At least I know what I need to work on for upcoming cycles. Good luck to all applicants this cycle and I wish all the best to people who get selected for interviews at UBC (as well as other unis). As for the others, chin up and onward!

apparently, a classmate of mine got her invite already, but she didnt explicitly say it (and i thought invites were only out later??) .. it makes me so much more anxious now....

She may have applied the early cycle. They do get interview invites sooner, so she may be correct!

regrets :(

OOP

Overall Grade Point Average 85.51

AQ Score 35.03

NAQ Score 26.01

TFR Score 61.04

really confused about my NAQ score though... did anyone else have awesome EC's and feel like their NAQ makes no sense? I didn't submit intramural sports and travelling for fun and stuff like that, i thought it was kinda frivolous stuff to put down - do you guys think that stuff would have made a difference?

Definitely add anything like sports, travel, hobbies etc!! I suppose I wouldn't add a 1 week all inclusive trip to Mexico, but if you traveled for longer than a few weeks and didn't just sit at a resort, definitely add it!!

regrets :(

OOP

Overall Grade Point Average 85.51

AQ Score 35.03

NAQ Score 26.01

TFR Score 61.04

really confused about my NAQ score though... did anyone else have awesome EC's and feel like their NAQ makes no sense? I didn't submit intramural sports and travelling for fun and stuff like that, i thought it was kinda frivolous stuff to put down - do you guys think that stuff would have made a difference?

Archived