Premed 101 Forums

DAT

Guest cc

Congratualations to those who have been accepted to schools, and for those still waiting - hang in there. :)

But for me, I still gotta write the DAT this November. I was wondering whether there is any plant structure and sexual reproduction of plants on the DAT?

I also heard somewhere that the DAT has a few questions on the major taxa (monera, planti, anamalia, protista, and fungi), with more concentrating on the phyla of animals. Should I go through and memorize the characteristics of these phyla?

Thanks

cc

I don't recall anything really on plant physiology, but I guess you could review it if you have the time to, just in case. In terms of memorizing taxa, I had one question on my dat, so maybe know it, but don't go over board. I don't think you really need to know the characteristics of each taxa down to a tee, but if you have the time its probably best to know everything overall.

By the way, for some reason I do remember hearing that you only need to know the kingdom animalia in detail, does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

epzi

Guest october

I was just wondering whether we need to memorize all the formulas in the Kaplan review book. Also for those who have written the DAT, how hard are the calculations? Can they be done without a calculator very quickly??

Hi

I dont remember if there were any questions on plant physiology on the DAT, since its been months now. But I did spend some time reviewing plant physio from the Kaplan books. If its in DAT review books, I would go ahead and review it, because even it helps you answer one or two questions, it will be worth spending the extra time learning the material. You dont want to kick yourself about it later.

Bye

Archived