Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks everyone! Now I have 5 weeks to prepare before I start residency. Time to recharge I think.

Sounds like a plan. From what I hear, you aren't going to get the chance to do that for a long while. :)

Congratulations again. Loved the hospitals in Ottawa as a patient, I hope you'll enjoy it there as a resident.

my parents dont seem to know when i am joking or do not understand boys. playing some bball, with one of my friends at my house today and i start to make to gloat about my wins and my parents interject telling me to be polite......

If it bothered him that much he wouldn't keep coming to my house to play b ball.

my parents dont seem to know when i am joking or do not understand boys. playing some bball, with one of my friends at my house today and i start to make to gloat about my wins and my parents interject telling me to be polite......

If it bothered him that much he wouldn't keep coming to my house to play b ball.

#firstworldproblems ;)

Haha, sounds an old buddy of mine, I was running my mouth about Toronto losing to Boston and he got all sad about it and said it isn't cool to boast.. Clearly never played competitive sports.

Haha, sounds an old buddy of mine, I was running my mouth about Toronto losing to Boston and he got all sad about it and said it isn't cool to boast.. Clearly never played competitive sports.

Perhaps he was a member of one of those let's just focus on having fun and not worry about keeping score leagues? Lol

Do you know if it's required as ID on test day, or will any ID work?

Has to be government issued photo ID with your full name and signature. Your name must appear on your MCAT registration EXACTLY as it does on the ID.

So, I'm taking a public health course this summer, as that's a major interest of mine (both in nutrition and in medicine). It's an online course, and we've already had some discussions. It's sad to see some of the attitudes that some of these students have towards modern medicine, and they seem to think that "natural" always means "better." *sigh* I'm definitely going to have to censor my typing, so I don't start ranting about the scientific method, and how natural doesn't mean it is good for you, etc.

Are too many antibiotics and hormones used in mass food production? Yep. That's one of the reasons I buy from local producers and farmer's markets. But that doesn't mean that antibiotics and hormones don't have their uses in medicine!

Okay, rant over. ;)

So, I'm taking a public health course this summer, as that's a major interest of mine (both in nutrition and in medicine). It's an online course, and we've already had some discussions. It's sad to see some of the attitudes that some of these students have towards modern medicine, and they seem to think that "natural" always means "better." *sigh* I'm definitely going to have to censor my typing, so I don't start ranting about the scientific method, and how natural doesn't mean it is good for you, etc.

Are too many antibiotics and hormones used in mass food production? Yep. That's one of the reasons I buy from local producers and farmer's markets. But that doesn't mean that antibiotics and hormones don't have their uses in medicine!

Okay, rant over. ;)

You probably would have loved my B.Sc Health Science course.

Archived