Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

Just picked up the Blackberry Q10 a few days ago, honestly..incredible.

Makes my Samsung S3 look like an oversized playtoy.

008BlackberryQ10__610x436.jpg

I can check my hotmail, text message, facebook, whatsapp, bbm, call log and notifications in ONE small swipe of my finger. I am in love.

hub.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blackberry made me break off my 5 year love affair with iphone, lol... z10 tho, gotta keep it touch for me

Just picked up the Blackberry Q10 a few days ago, honestly..incredible.

Makes my Samsung S3 look like an oversized playtoy.

008BlackberryQ10__610x436.jpg

I can check my hotmail, text message, facebook, whatsapp, bbm, call log and notifications in ONE small swipe of my finger. I am in love.

hub.jpg

I have always been a loyal BB user but I wasn't sure about a full touch phone. Got the Z10 about a month ago and LOVE IT! So amazing. The "hub" is brilliant and I've gotten used to the touch key pad. It's very intuitive and learns typing patterns/words so quickly. It's even learned a bunch of work-related acronyms I use on a regular basis.

I can imagine the Z10 being pretty rad, the q10 hits everything for me. Stylish, Mature, wide keyboard with a great layout and response speed. I am glad BB didn't disappoint with the 10's.

I am also so happy that they didn't disappoint; I was pulling for them. It was a toss-up for me between the Z10 and Q10. I almost waited for the Q10 but I'm happy I went with the Z in the end. I tend to use it a lot for reading during my train commute so it's nice to have the bigger screen.

Is pole dancing fun?! I have heard it is a very good workout for women, but I've never thought of actually trying it out.

It's SO much fun. Builds so much core and upper body strength (takes a lot to hold yourself upside down in the splits on a brass pole using only your arms :P). It's also a great confidence booster! I never thought I would like it, and now I'm looking at getting a pole for my living room next year!

It's SO much fun. Builds so much core and upper body strength (takes a lot to hold yourself upside down in the splits on a brass pole using only your arms :P). It's also a great confidence booster! I never thought I would like it, and now I'm looking at getting a pole for my living room next year!

So..hows it going?

I definitely want to give it a shot now... :D!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/05/27/montreal-arthur-porter-muhc-scandal-fraud-arrested-panama.html

Arthur Porter arrested in Panama on fraud, conspiracy charges

Former CEO of McGill mega-hospital project and his wife arrested

CBC News Posted: May 27, 2013 7:53 PM ET

Arthur Porter, a man accused of being at the heart of a scandal involving the McGill University Health Centre mega-hospital project in Montreal, has been arrested in Panama.

Porter is facing multiple charges including fraud, conspiracy to commit government fraud, abuse of trust, secret commissions and recycling the proceeds of crime.

His wife, Pamela, was also arrested. She is facing charges for recycling the proceeds of crime and for conspiracy.

More to come.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2013/05/27/montreal-arthur-porter-muhc-scandal-fraud-arrested-panama.html

Ex-McGill hospital boss Arthur Porter arrested in Panama

Onetime head of spy-agency watchdog accused of fraud in $1.3B Montreal mega-hospital scandal

CBC News Last Updated: May 28, 2013 7:08 AM ET

The pair's arrest was announced in a statement Monday by Quebec's anti-corruption police watchdog, which said the operation was carried out with the help of the RCMP, Interpol and Quebec provincial police.

"Extradition proceedings are being undertaken against the two," the statement said.

Porter, who received prestigious appointments from different levels of government and was nearly honoured with a street in his name, is accused of being at the heart of a scandal involving the $1.3-billion McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) mega-hospital project in Montreal, the largest of its kind in Canada.

Porter claimed to be in cancer treatment

Porter is a radiation oncologist and had been treating himself for terminal lung cancer in Nassau, Bahamas.

He previously told media that he had late, Stage 4 cancer and was too ill to travel to Canada.

Porter faces multiple charges, including:

Fraud.

Conspiracy to commit government fraud.

Abuse of trust.

Secret commissions.

Laundering the proceeds of a crime.

His wife is facing charges for laundering the proceeds of a crime and conspiracy.

Ex-McGill hospital boss says he was victim of 'spurious' attacks

Read about the rise and fall of Arthur Porter

Porter resigned as CEO of the MUHC in late 2011, less than a month after he resigned as chair of the Security Intelligence Review Committee, which monitors the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), after his ties to a controversial lobbyist became public.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper has said Porter's alleged criminal acts had nothing to do with the work he did for the government of Canada.

Warrants issued for Porter, 4 others

Last February, UPAC issued warrants for Porter and four other men suspected of conspiring to defraud the MUHC:

Former MUHC director Yanai Elbaz.

Former CEO of SNC-Lavalin Pierre Duhaime.

Former SNC-Lavalin employee Riadh Ben Aissa.

The still relatively unknown Jeremy Morris.

Around that time, the MUHC said it was cancelling plans to pave an "Arthur T. Porter Way" onto the hospital property.

Arthur Porter allegations put 'cloud' over MUHC, says director general

A sixth man, Yohann Elbaz, was arrested in April on similar charges.

MUHC spokesman Ian Popple declined to comment on the extent of the case, saying only that "this is a police matter. Justice is following its course. The MUHC continues to co-operate with the authorities."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/05/27/montreal-arthur-porter-muhc-scandal-fraud-arrested-panama.html

Arthur Porter arrested in Panama on fraud, conspiracy charges

Former CEO of McGill mega-hospital project and his wife arrested

CBC News Posted: May 27, 2013 7:53 PM ET

Arthur Porter, a man accused of being at the heart of a scandal involving the McGill University Health Centre mega-hospital project in Montreal, has been arrested in Panama.

Porter is facing multiple charges including fraud, conspiracy to commit government fraud, abuse of trust, secret commissions and recycling the proceeds of crime.

His wife, Pamela, was also arrested. She is facing charges for recycling the proceeds of crime and for conspiracy.

More to come.

Yeah that is a mess.

Others to be implicated including, I believe, at least one federal (Conservative) politician.

well they would be the ones in power at the time. This guy was extremely well connected. As a side note his tailor made my interview suite for CARMS.

I'm amazed at the ridiculous questions some students post on the forums for my online course. Boggles the mind. It is clear that some people just do not read the course instructions, or have problems with reading comprehension.

At least the subgroup I'm in for group discussions appears to be filled with intelligent people. They can write, they support their statements with evidence, and they don't attack others if their opinions differ, but present their point of view in a respectful manner. Yay for a group that works! :)

Archived