Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

i quit my awful job last week, got a paid intership in an environment office this week for most of the summer (which i LOVE, it is such a nice opportunity and the schedule is perfect) and the only thing my best friend said to me when i told her? well.. i don't really see you doing this job.

like.. why can't she never tell me congrats, good luck or anything like that. she says the exact same thing everytime i mention that i want to go to med school and she always try to find me other career options... i don't get it. :confused:

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i quit my awful job last week, got a paid intership in an environment office this week for most of the summer (which i LOVE, it is such a nice opportunity and the schedule is perfect) and the only thing my best friend said to me when i told her? well.. i don't really see you doing this job.

like.. why can't she never tell me congrats, good luck or anything like that. she says the exact same thing everytime i mention that i want to go to med school and she always try to find me other career options... i don't get it. :confused:

maybe she is jealous? i seem to be guilty of this sometimes

on walk about in new york city. Strange place - springs this to mind:

I've walked these streets

A virtual stage

It seemed to me

Make up on their faces

Actors took their

Places next to me

I've walked these streets

In a carnival

Of sights to see

All the cheap thrill seekers

The vendors & the dealers

They crowded around me

Have I been blind

Have I been lost

Inside myself and

My own mind

Hypnotized

Mesmerized

By what my eyes have seen?

on walk about in new york city. Strange place - springs this to mind:

The first time I stepped off the train into New York I overheard two homeless dudes talking about time dilation. Across the street from the station was a pet therapist.

Strange place, but one of my favorites. Haven't been in ages though.

The first time I stepped off the train into New York I overheard two homeless dudes talking about time dilation. Across the street from the station was a pet therapist.

Strange place, but one of my favorites. Haven't been in ages though.

ha :) It is so loud, busy, colourful and overall strange. Worth the trip!

Trying to figure out what I want to specialize in, rawrrr.

Ortho sounds really sweet as I used to be really into hockey and maybe I can snatch a spot as a NHLs ortho.

Radiology (from my understanding) is one of the best for salary, hours, less intensive as surgery and apparently its one of the lazier specialties lol.

Rheumatology is interesting too but the pay is apparently horrible and I am not sure if I would enjoy old ladies complaining 24/7 about sore wrists and ligaments.

Trying to figure out what I want to specialize in, rawrrr.

Ortho sounds really sweet as I used to be really into hockey and maybe I can snatch a spot as a NHLs ortho.

Radiology (from my understanding) is one of the best for salary, hours, less intensive as surgery and apparently its one of the lazier specialties lol.

Rheumatology is interesting too but the pay is apparently horrible and I am not sure if I would enjoy old ladies complaining 24/7 about sore wrists and ligaments.

lazier? Ha - not my type of radiology.

Just make sure you are happy doing the bread and butter stuff - I mean that is what you end up doing mostly after all :)

I think I will be happy in anything I do as long as its a big impact on my clients. Also one of the reasons Radiology is so appealing, you can help so many people so quickly (4 people in an hour lets say - 15m to read a radiograph etc..).

What do you mean by the butter and bread analogy?

I think I will be happy in anything I do as long as its a big impact on my clients. Also one of the reasons Radiology is so appealing, you can help so many people so quickly (4 people in an hour lets say - 15m to read a radiograph etc..).

What do you mean by the butter and bread analogy?

Patients

10char

i have dreams where i have to consistently shoot people to protect myself and my family from something (i don't remember why). my dreams are ****ing intense and kind of too intense.. (i would compare it to an acid trip except more violent action with much more abstract geometric&less colourful figures). is there something wrong with me? i hate shooting poeple and tryinhg to dodge bullets for 8 hours :( :( :( :(

It is incredibly challenging to distill two degrees and all my work and volunteer experience down to a two-page resume in reverse chronological format that must be in a 12 point font. I wish dietetic internships allowed us to submit slightly longer resumes. Going in reverse chronological format I don't even get to list any of my engineering and supervisory work experience that happened between my two degrees (and in the summers when doing my first degree!)

At this point, it's looking like the combined masters/internship programs might be a better bet for me, as I can submit a CV with no silly page limits. Much easier to list ALL of my work and volunteer experiences on a CV!

It is incredibly challenging to distill two degrees and all my work and volunteer experience down to a two-page resume in reverse chronological format that must be in a 12 point font. I wish dietetic internships allowed us to submit slightly longer resumes. Going in reverse chronological format I don't even get to list any of my engineering and supervisory work experience that happened between my two degrees (and in the summers when doing my first degree!)

At this point, it's looking like the combined masters/internship programs might be a better bet for me, as I can submit a CV with no silly page limits. Much easier to list ALL of my work and volunteer experiences on a CV!

Challenging but doable.

Archived