Premed 101 Forums

second round Interview thread

The job market for rad onc's competitive, it seems like you have to do a fellowship.

doesn't everyone any ways for that field going back anyway? I wouldn't want a non-fellowship rad onc doing anything regarding my care (hopefully I would never need their services!) :)

doesn't everyone any ways for that field going back anyway? I wouldn't want a non-fellowship rad onc doing anything regarding my care (hopefully I would never need their services!) :)

Curious about fellowship as the biggest interest I have is radiology. Hearing how competitive residencies are I want to decide as early as possible what I want to do and I also have a family to support soo.. on that... Does fellowship pay the same as residency, like an extension of residency? so it would be similar pay with some increase for 5-7 years before earning a full salary.. What is a reasonable full salary once acquiring a job in Canada, in regards to working in a hospital I assume no overhead? Sorry for the extensive questions and I wish money did not factor in as much but with having kids I am thinking about going the family route due to less training so I am also looking for a reasonable salary for family and what overhead might be. I thought that speaking to those going through this stuff right now might be able to lend some advice on my dilemma :o

Archived