Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected 2013

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applied: Dalhousie, UofA, UofT, Western and Mac (all OT)

Accepted:

Waitlisted:

Rejected: Mac and Dalhousie

GPA: sGPA 3.56

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Felt my essays were strong, one strong reference and unsure about the second.

I understand my GPA is on the lower side this year so just hoping to get into any location. Dalhousie was my first choice but with that no longer being a possibility I am now hoping for UofA. Good Luck to you All!

^ when did you hear from Dalhousie?? I am still waiting to hear anything...

What province did you apply from?

Sucks that you didn't get into your first choice :( I am just hoping that SOMEWHERE accepts me, when I applied Dalhousie was my first choice, but now I am thinking U of T may be better... Idk, I may not have any options.

Guest Physioprospect
Did you end up choosing Queens or Western? How is first year going?

Queens. Its going really well. Any questions let me know.

Check your emails everyone. Just got a rejection email from Queens PT. Wasn't really counting on them since I didn't get in last year either but it still sucks. My subGPA is 3.83.

Oh man that means OT's not far behind - panic attack? check! Don't give up hope you have an amazing subGPA you'll get in somewhere else!

Applied: Mac OT/PT, U of T OT/PT, Queens OT/PT, Western OT/ PT and Ottawa PT

Accepted: Ottawa

Waitlisted:

Rejected: Mac, U of T and Queens

GPA: CumGPA 3.65

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: I honestly thought I ruined the Ottawa interview, but I think it was only to see if you were fluent in both english and french

I honestly think I only got into Ottawa because I'm from a small rural town

Why no apply Western? Would've surely gotten in with a 3.88 gpa

My school didn't offer an English course otherwise for sure I would have applied there as well. I tried to take one at athabasca last summer but that didn't turn out too well and I had to drop it.

My school didn't offer an English course otherwise for sure I would have applied there as well. I tried to take one at athabasca last summer but that didn't turn out too well and I had to drop it.

Oh wow that sucks. Don't think I've heard of a university without an english or writing course before...

Applied: U of A PT

Accepted: U of A PT

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

GPA: cGPA: 3.3 last 60 credits Gpa: 3.905

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: interview went well except for the acting station. I was not prepared for that whatsoever. Also the change in timing of MMI stations threw me off because I hadn't practiced using that timeframe

Definitely going to accept.

Hey, congratulations! You'll be graduating by the time I'm, hopefully, admitted, but nice to see a fellow Albertan! :)

Is queen's sending e-mails to the e-mail you put on your ORPAS application? I just wanted to confirm cause I know Western had sent out an ID for a separate account and I wanted to make sure Queens hadn't done the same.

Anyone else having problems logging into the Western Identity Manager? For some reason it says my account doesn't exist... -_-

Are you guys trying to log into western identity manager?? Or the western student center https://student.uwo.ca/ ??

Once you log into the identity manager thing once it should have your username and you can change the password which you then use for the western student center. You don't need the identity manager after that point (such a confusing way to setup your login info, if you ask me LOL)....

Are you guys trying to log into western identity manager?? Or the western student center https://student.uwo.ca/ ??

Once you log into the identity manager thing once it should have your username and you can change the password which you then use for the western student center. You don't need the identity manager after that point.

Oh ok perfect. It worked. Thanks!!!!

Archived