Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected 2013

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ughhhh wait listed at UofT for OT. Arghhhh that was my top choice by far!! Now there's MORE waiting till mid-June. Ugh :( At least I got accepted into Western, so I might go there. Only issue at Western for me is that its so far from home :( Rejected at McMaster. Still waiting on Queens!

VERY unhappy about UofT but I am grateful that at least I'm not flat out rejected. I don't see many spots opening up tho :( Anyone have any experience with the UofT OT wait list?

Ughhhh wait listed at UofT for OT. Arghhhh that was my top choice by far!! Now there's MORE waiting till mid-June. Ugh :( At least I got accepted into Western, so I might go there. Rejected at McMaster. Still waiting on Queens!

VERY angry about UofT but I am grateful that at least I'm not flat out rejected. I don't see many spots opening up tho :( Anyone have any experience with the UofT OT wait list?

I'm with you, feeling a little sad about being waitlisted at U of T and having NO idea where I am on the list. But at least we both got in to another school so we're not totally off track :)

I have no idea what these schools look for!! Everyone has such different replies from each school, you'd think what's good for one would be good for another but nothing could be further from the truth lol.

Best of luck everyone! :)

Applied : U of A, U of T, Mcmaster, Queen`s, UWO

Accepted: UWO, U of T, Queen's

Rejected: U of A? (They later retracted the rejection letter...)

Waitlisted: Mcmaster (#16)

Decision: U OF T!! Got rejected by U of A earlier and totally killed my mood, but now I think Im on cloud 9

Applied: UWO, U of T, Mac, Queens, U of A (all OT)

Accepted: UWO, U of T, Mac, Queens

Rejected: nowhere yet!!!

sGPA: 3.69

I am beyond thrilled! Worked super hard for this. Mac and U of T were my top choices (honestly didn't really think I'd be in a position to choose) so I will be likely be accepting one of those. Congrats to everyone else who got good news! Good luck also to everyone on the wait list!

I'm with you, feeling a little sad about being waitlisted at U of T and having NO idea where I am on the list. But at least we both got in to another school so we're not totally off track :)

I have no idea what these schools look for!! Everyone has such different replies from each school, you'd think what's good for one would be good for another but nothing could be further from the truth lol.

Best of luck everyone! :)

I'm feeling VERY sad. Lol but yes at least we got into one school! I think I've come to the conclusion that Western looks mainly at grades, and Mac is mainly on the interview performance. UofT idk, wish I knew though... :confused:

But good luck to you! And congrats again for Mac! :)

Applied: UWO, U of T, Mac, Queens, U of A (all OT)

Accepted: UWO, U of T, Mac

Rejected: nowhere yet!!!

sGPA: 3.69

I am beyond thrilled! Worked super hard for this. Mac and U of T were my top choices (honestly didn't really think I'd be in a position to choose) so I will be likely be accepting one of those. Congrats to everyone else who got good news!

Wow congrats!! I'm totally jealous. Lol. Mind sharing your background experience? :)

Applied: U of T, McMaster, Western and Queen's PT & OT

Accepted: McMaster PT, McMaster OT, Western OT

Waitlisted: U of T OT, U of T PT (#66)

Rejected: Queen's PT, Western PT

subGPA: 3.77

(still waiting on OT for Queen's)

Accepting PT at McMaster since PT was my first choice and McMaster was my first choice school! So excited! :):D

Applied: UBC OT UWO UofT Mac Queens U of A (OT) and UBC and UofA SLP

Accepted: Mac, UofT, UWO

Waitlisted: UBC SLP

Rejected: UBC OT U of A SLP

Wow this is crazy!!! I never thought I would have an option about which school to go to....so excited! Can't wait to meet some of you as classmates! Let me know if you have any insight to this decision I have a lot of pro con lists to make! This West coast BC girl is off to Ontario!

@Dr. Scully, I'm in the same boat. Rejection from Mac, Western, and u of T.

come on Queens!? :)

head up!

and CONGRATS to everyone else!!

Thanks... im quite upset right now.. i just feel like i did all this hard work for the last few years in college, university, now masters.. got my As and Bs and its still not good enough for med, pt, ot... my dream career in healthcare eludes me because i didnt get enough A+s?? I feel like if they would just meet me and see how genuine i am about it i can get in.

Anyways.. enough self loathing lol lets see what queens says in the morning..

Thanks... im quite upset right now.. i just feel like i did all this hard work for the last few years in college, university, now masters.. got my As and Bs and its still not good enough for med, pt, ot... my dream career in healthcare eludes me because i didnt get enough A+s?? I feel like if they would just meet me and see how genuine i am about it i can get in.

I hear ya, 12 years working in PT clinics as an RMT and 3 years on the Windsor Spitfires training staff but Im not a highly qualified candidate.

Hang in there buddy. Last year I got rejected to every PT and OT program I applied to (UBC UoT UoA UWO queens Mac). It felt like the end of the world when I got my first rejection---I lost my balance at one point and walked into the wall and had a nose bleed mixed with tears. Lol. The rejection was good in some ways and allowed me to realize I was passionate about the field, and so I took a lot of extra courses to bring up my average. You have masters, right? Not sure if this is of interest to you, but UBC will include your grad studies coursework in determining GPA. Good luck to you!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting and don't give up!!

Archived