Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected 2013

Applied: Mac, UWO, UofT, and Queens (all OT)

Accepted: Queens

Waitlisted: none

Rejected: Mac, UWO and UofT

GPA: sGPA 3.46 and cGPA 3.36

Perceived strength of...

Essays: Must have been really strong to make up for my low GPA. What I think helped was that my essays showed that I had a passion for the career and a good understanding of what the OT's role in healthcare is and how their efforts will better healthcare in general. I also completed a senior thesis related to healthcare, and did an adequate amount of extracurricular activities and volunteer work that I always linked back to health.

Interviews: none

References: Strong. my thesis professor (knew for 1 year) and my volunteer coordinator (knew for 3 years)

Sorry this is long! But I want those applying next year to know that passion, hard work and dedication will bring results!

Congrats to all those who have been accepted! I look forward to meeting other OT classmates at Queens! :)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applied: OT @ UofT, Western, Queen's, McMaster

Accepted: Western

Waitlisted: UofT

Rejected: Queen's, McMaster

sGPA: 3.69

I was really disappointed with my results at first but now I'm starting to get over it. I still really hope I will get off the waitlist at UofT because that's my top choice. I'm getting more relieved seeing that people are actually rejecting their UofT OT offers though. Hopefully we'll hear some good news soon!!

Does anyone know how many people are on the wailist for UofT OT?

Applied: McGill, Queen's, UWO, Mac, UofT (all PT and OT); UofA, Dal and UOttawa (PT only)

Accepted: McGill, UWO and Mac (all OT)

Waitlisted: Queen's, UOttawa, McGill and UofT PT, UofT OT

Rejected: Dal, Mac and UWO (PT); Queen's (OT)

(declined interview invite for U of A)

sGPA: 3.81

Will be accepting McGill OT! I have declined UWO and Mac OT offers.

Also want to say congrats to all and best wishes for those who didn't get in this round...this is the second year for me too, so don't give up!

Applied: OT at McMaster, U of T, Queen's

Accepted: McMaster, U of T

Rejected: Queen's

sGPA: 3.69

Kinda surprised about getting into Mac because I didn't feel that confident after my interview... Gotta make a big decision in the next two weeks. I hope it all works out for those of you on waitlists or reapplying next year!

Applied: OT at UofT, McMaster, Queens and Western

Accepted:

Waitlisted: Queens

Rejected: UofT, McMaster, Western

sGPA: 3.46

Not so lucky this time around, haha. However I somehow managed to get on the Queens waitlist.

Does anyone know what kind of a chance you may have if you do land on the waitlist? According to the email they will not tell you your ranking...

Congrats to everyone who did get accepted though :)

what number are you on waitlist?

Applied: OT at UofT, McMaster, Queens and Western

Accepted:

Waitlisted: Queens

Rejected: UofT, McMaster, Western

sGPA: 3.46

Not so lucky this time around, haha. However I somehow managed to get on the Queens waitlist.

Does anyone know what kind of a chance you may have if you do land on the waitlist? According to the email they will not tell you your ranking...

Congrats to everyone who did get accepted though :)

Applied: PT/OT UWO, Mac, Queens, UofT

Accepted: OT at UWO, Mac, Queens, Uoft

Waitlisted: PT @ UofT

Rejected: PT @ McMaster, UWO, Queens

Sub GPA: 3.77

Cumulative: 3.26

Interviews: felt VERY confident completing the OT MMI and UofT CAP exam (UWO Health Sci degree was perfect preparation)

Essays/Letters: I work extensively outside of school with children and teens with complex neurological disorders and was able to get a reference from the Director. My academic reference was not outstanding though. I felt uneasy about my essays BUT I had some guidance from an OT alumni. I'm super passionate about mental health and emphasized my interests.

Congrats to everyone! I'm most likely going to accept McMaster despite cracking the top 10 on the UofT PT wait list. So hopefully that frees up some spots for OT and PT hopefuls

what number are you on waitlist?

The email had said "We must await replies from candidates who currently hold an offer from the School of Graduate Studies before we can proceed further. We are unable to provide information about your ranking on the waiting list but you can be assured that we will process waiting list offers as soon as possible."

So i have no idea :confused:

@Dr_Scully:

I am in the same pool as you. I did get accepted to uOttawa, but I really didn't think that it would come to this.

Are you planning on going and upgraded courses? What have you done in the past?

And congrats everyone! :) The wait is finally over - time for some forward motion.

lauOT, you seem to be really disappointed about being offered a spot at Ottawa U. Is the only reason for this truly because you did your degree in Ottawa & were hoping to pursue graduate studies elsewhere? Or have you heard negative feedback from the program there? I had my heart set on studying there & your comments have been worrying me! I hope that I'm not making the wrong choice! Haha

I officially put in a 'firm accept' for OT at U of T, so that should open a spot at both Queens and Mac for OT.

Does anyone know if there is a FB group for the 2015 class yet? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

I officially put in a 'firm accept' for OT at U of T, so that should open a spot at both Queens and Mac for OT.

Does anyone know if there is a FB group for the 2015 class yet? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

I was just about to ask the same thing! Hahaha

I'll speak with some of the student affairs committee members to see if they can get one up sometime this week. There's also an open house on Saturday, May 25th at 500 University Ave for those who have firmly accepted OT at UofT or are still undecided.

I'll speak with some of the student affairs committee members to see if they can get one up sometime this week. There's also an open house on Saturday, May 25th at 500 University Ave for those who have firmly accepted OT at UofT or are still undecided.

I wish I could go to the open house (just firmly accepted UT OT), but the flight is too expensive right now :(

@JJB

SORRY! I didn't mean to make you so worried! I am excited about going to school, and do love Ottawa a lot. I know the health science campus a bit and am excited to get back to the city. I've just had problems with the admin of the school before, thats all!

PLUS, I had my heart set on Queens, which sucks, BUT I am definitely getting exciting about uOttawa! Its got a small program, so I'm hoping that part is beneficial too!

Anyone else - uOttawa ergo???

Not sure how to edit my previous post but

Applied: Mac, u of t, u of a, queens, McGill all PT

Accepted: Queens PT

Waitlisted: u of a

Sub gpa 3.74 cum 3.35

I will be firmly accepting my offer for Queens PT!! I'm away right now and don't have much access to the Internet but I hope to connect with some of my future classmates before school starts!

Archived