Premed 101 Forums

UBC Grade conversion?

One transcript has letter grade and %:

a) "intro to xxx A 91%"

The rest just have:

B) "intro to xxx A 4.0"

So for a) they should just use the % and not downgrade convert to 87 right? (at this school A+ is above 95, so my A would be downgraded to 87, if they don't use the % on the transcript)

And for B) they will downgrade to 87(if the college has A+) or convert to 92(if the college doesnt have A+)

Is that right??

One transcript has letter grade and %:

a) "intro to xxx A 91%"

The rest just have:

B) "intro to xxx A 4.0"

So for a) they should just use the % and not downgrade convert to 87 right? (at this school A+ is above 95, so my A would be downgraded to 87, if they don't use the % on the transcript)

And for B) they will downgrade to 87(if the college has A+) or convert to 92(if the college doesnt have A+)

Is that right??

That's weird that it has both... If it has both I am honestly not sure, I would maybe call them, it would be a quick answer. If it's only letter grades it is my understanding that they convert to the lowest percentage of their letter grade. So if they call an A 90-95 and you have an A, then it is a 90, yes.

That's weird that it has both... If it has both I am honestly not sure, I would maybe call them, it would be a quick answer. If it's only letter grades it is my understanding that they convert to the lowest percentage of their letter grade. So if they call an A 90-95 and you have an A, then it is a 90, yes.

Nope. If it has grades but no %, they convert using the scale posted on the website. A=87 if they give A+, or 92 if they don't.

OP, you are correct.

You said UBC would use the lowest percentage the home university assigns to the letter, when really they use the percentages listed on the admissions website.

I meant UBC. I used 90 as an example. That's why I said "'they" and such. But I see where you're coming from.

Why is it weird, UBC has that on their transcript too :P

Thank you all for the responses, I will call and ask what they will do.

Why is it weird, UBC has that on their transcript too :P

Thank you all for the responses, I will call and ask what they will do.

Schools in Alberta don't use percentages in university that's why. I had a class that had an A- range of 80-89 so it actually just about killed one of my friends chances for engineering.

They use percentage if it's available. I checked with admissions already. Just think about UBC undergrad - I got both % and letter grades on my transcript. They use the percentages. It's actually nicer (if you get good grades) cause ubc transcripts also provide class averages, so admissions can see exactly where you ranked in your class, which you couldn't do as well with letter grades.

Archived