Premed 101 Forums

Non SWOMEN is always 8/8/8 with minimum total equalling the the required minimum for Non SWOMEN, so 30 with this year being 32. Historical cutoffs wont mean anything because this is the first and only year without WS.

yeah that is pretty much true I think - and the future trend won't even matter as the new mcat is coming and will mess things up.

for what it is worth the cut offs were (and this is very past tense) quite stable at 3.7 for the GPA and VR 11, Bio 10, and PS 9 for a few years. Not so anymore.

Non SWOMEN is always 8/8/8 with minimum total equalling the the required minimum for Non SWOMEN, so 30 with this year being 32. Historical cutoffs wont mean anything because this is the first and only year without WS.

I thought the 2013-2014 cycle that just passed also didn't have a WS cutoff? So isn't this next cycle the same as the one that just happened in terms of the MCAT sections they have cutoffs for.

I thought the 2013-2014 cycle that just passed also didn't have a WS cutoff? So isn't this next cycle the same as the one that just happened in terms of the MCAT sections they have cutoffs for.

sure, but you were asking about trends. Their point I think is that trends in this case are pretty useless. You have really a single data point under the current mcat they are using, and you won't get another until after applications are due next year, and after that there is a new mcat to mess everything up a bit more :)

sure, but you were asking about trends. Their point I think is that trends in this case are pretty useless. You have really a single data point under the current mcat they are using, and you won't get another until after applications are due next year, and after that there is a new mcat to mess everything up a bit more :)

Just a bit?

2012 - 2013 cycle

NON-SWOMEN:

GPA: 2 years over 3.7

MCAT cut offs: 9 PS/11 VR/10 BS

SWOMEN:

MCAT cut offs: 8 PS/8 VR/8 BS (Total must be min. 30)

2013 - 2014 cycle

NON-SWOMEN:

MCAT cut offs: 9 PS/11 VR/12 BS (Total 32)

SWOMEN:

MCAT cut offs: 8 PS/8 VR/8 BS (Total must be min. 32)

Archived