Premed 101 Forums

Md/phd Acceptances

Dombant

So I'm thinking of applying to MD/PhD this year, but know that schools give out varied acceptances throughout the winter. For example, Queen's let's admitted students know in like the first two weeks of february, whereas other schools let people know much later on (April ish). Say for example Queen's isn't one's first choice, and you've still yet to interview at other schools you've been invited to. Can you accept the offer from one school and still go for interviews elsewhere and withdraw if you're accepted to another school later on? Thanks!

I found that all of my MD/PhD interviews fell within 2 weeks of one another. The schools know you will be applying to multiple MD/PhD programs and arrange their schedules accordingly. You can always call an individual school to let them know of your situation as well and they will accommodate you. I was accepted first at UofT, then called Mac to ask them what their decision was, so I wouldn't of accepted UofT without knowing if they were a yay or nay.

Archived