Premed 101 Forums

Moving To Yukon For Ip Status

rupchatt

If GPA and MCAT requirements are not salient factors as turkey pointed out. These requirements should be eliminated for all applicants and everyone meeting a certain MCAT (27 as turkey pointed out) should be granted an interview. In the interview people should be evaluated based on their socioeconomic status and other factors considered salient etc when making final decisions. We cannot have different requirements for aboriginals. Everyone should be judged equally.

These requirements are not eliminated so don't waste your time trying to argue something you can never change. And the interview process isn't based on socioeconomic status  ...lol what are you trying to say? If you have millions in the bank you shouldn't be able to get into med school? Anyways, I can tell right off the back you are going to have a hard time getting past the interview stage because your attitude is awful. Be open minded or else no matter what you say you're going to lose major points/get red flagged. I hope that helps.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would answer honestly what I believe. If believing in anti discriminatory policies red flags you, I would rather not join such a medical school.  Criticizing bad ideas cannot be termed as racism.

I think you just ruled out every medical school in the country, including the ones that don't actually have designated aboriginal seats

Edit: But at least you're consistent. I'll commend you for that

Aren't the aboriginal quota like 1-2 per medical school? i would imagine that being actually competitive for aboriginal applicants since they are competing for only 1 seat.

That would be unfair for the aboriginal student. I imagine they're entered into both pools of applicants. There are some very highly qualified aboriginal applicants (some on this board). People with 3.9+ GPAs an strong ECs.

Archived