Premed 101 Forums

U Of T Cap Invitations Sent!

I got a CAP invite but my average is only a few points above the cutoff. I'm worried about not getting an invite from Mac.

EDIT: Although, last year wasn't the cutoff for U of T 3.78, and then they lowered it to 3.76 as people rejected invites?

The original cut-off was 3.76 for Toronto, they didn't lower it.

I have a final exam on CAP day and I see they have an alternative date on April 22nd....but I also have a final exam that day :/ what to do... 

And I live 8 hrs away from Toronto

Ask your school's academic office to switch the date, I had that issue last year and they had no problem with changing the date of the exam.

Oh, my bad!

I wonder when we'll hear from Mac then. I thought U of T had said the interview invites would be sent April 1st.

U of T says that invites will be sent out BY April 1, so anytime before really. McMaster says that there will be released roughly 3 weeks prior to the interviews.

I got a CAP invite but my average is only a few points above the cutoff. I'm worried about not getting an invite from Mac.

EDIT: Although, last year wasn't the cutoff for U of T 3.78, and then they lowered it to 3.76 as people rejected invites?

Studykin, 

You got an invite from U of T? I haven't heard from any school yet. fingers crossed

This is what is written on the U of T website. I did not get an invite so I guess I did not qualify :( . Congrats to all those who got invites. 

CAP Invitations for Applicants
Emails will be sent by 10 a.m. on March 26, 2015 to students receiving an offer to write the CAP, and letters will be mailed to unsuccessful applicants. Emails are sent to the email address that was provided to ORPAS in your online application. Please check your settings on your email to ensure that the interview invitation is not re-routed to your “junk” mailbox.

Studykin, 

You got an invite from U of T? I haven't heard from any school yet. fingers crossed

Hi passionate4physio,

Yes I got one this morning. Honestly I was excited for like two seconds and now I'm more stressed, LOL.

Fingers crossed for McGill :) 

Hi passionate4physio,

Yes I got one this morning. Honestly I was excited for like two seconds and now I'm more stressed, LOL.

Fingers crossed for McGill :)

Haha it is all good. I still have 3 schools to go (Mac, Western and McGill). Besides, all hope is not lost because I read that some people are accepted as late as the first week of school. Congrats to you. All the best on the interview. Don't stress. Do your best and you will get it. 

Do all the invites come out at once? My orpas gpa was 3.89 and I haven't heard anything :(

My gpa is 3.84, and I didn't get an invite either. U of T's website said that invites are sent on March 26th, but it also says that you will hear before April 1st… My fingers are crossed! 

My gpa is 3.84, and I didn't get an invite either. U of T's website said that invites are sent on March 26th, but it also says that you will hear before April 1st… My fingers are crossed! 

Hmm. Have you checked to see if maybe something's up with your documents/prerequisites? 

Do all the invites come out at once? My orpas gpa was 3.89 and I haven't heard anything :(

I just read on the U of T website that you may receive an invite by April 1st:

http://www.physicaltherapy.utoronto.ca/admissions/how-to-apply#Application%20Statistics 

Check the bottom of the page in the "After Applying" section. Originally when I didn't hear anything on the 26th I felt thoroughly let down. I worked super hard for my 3.84 gpa. I am really hoping to get an invite still. Although, it seems like many people have received invites, and it makes me wonder if all the invites really do go out on the same day. The pessimist in me says they do, but the optimist says they might not! Good luck regardless  :)

I just read on the U of T website that you may receive an invite by April 1st:

http://www.physicaltherapy.utoronto.ca/admissions/how-to-apply#Application%20Statistics 

Check the bottom of the page in the "After Applying" section. Originally when I didn't hear anything on the 26th I felt thoroughly let down. I worked super hard for my 3.84 gpa. I am really hoping to get an invite still. Although, it seems like many people have received invites, and it makes me wonder if all the invites really do go out on the same day. The pessimist in me says they do, but the optimist says they might not! Good luck regardless  :)

Yea, I was pretty disappointed on the 26th, I am going to call them tomorrow and see if they can tell me what happened. All my pre-reqs match up with the ORPAS manual and my physiology and stat courses are on the pre-approved list. I'm hoping it was a mistake, but I'm not going to keep my hopes too high lol.

Thanks, and good luck to you as well!! And congrats to those that did get a CAP invite :)

Had a 3.82 and got an invite and they emailed me when a document was missing. Hopefully you can get it sorted out, it is my understanding that additional invites are sent out following declines but I'm not sure! Call them tomorrow, hopefully you get it sorted out!

Are any of the people who aren't receiving invites students who have graduated and are taking many courses to upgrade their marks? I know that Toronto asks that courses used for upgrades/GPA improvements should be upper year courses and maybe that has something to do with it? Perhaps they calculate the GPA without those courses? Thats all I can think of apart from that they haven't released all the emails yet.

Yea, as expected, they can't tell me why I didn't get an invite, just that I didn't receive one. They did mention that all of the invites have gone out and couldn't say whether more invites would be going out as people decline. So ambiguous lol.

I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for UofA an Mac!

Archived