Premed 101 Forums

U Of A's Ot Program 2015: Offers, Rejection, Waitlisted

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called today and she said I was in the middle of the waitlist. Does anyone think I still have a shot? I wish they told us how much the list had moved!

I wouldn't lose hope just yet since they said most of the wait list last year got in. I also know a few people who found out in the middle of August last year that they got in so it's still early!

I wouldn't lose hope just yet since they said most of the wait list last year got in. I also know a few people who found out in the middle of August last year that they got in so it's still early!

Do you know if any of the people who got in off the waitlist were accepted into the Calgary cohort?

Do you know if any of the people who got in off the waitlist were accepted into the Calgary cohort?

I just know when my friend was accepted off the wait list in the middle of August last year they asked her if she wanted to be in Calgary. Her year was the first time they implemented the Calgary cohort so not sure if things have changed. They just gave her the option of doing it in Calgary...it wasn't anything like "you'll be accepted if you're willing to be in Calgary" type of thing. They must've still had room in Calgary if they gave her that option so late in the summer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When calculating the sGPA for the last 20 courses, are only 200+ level courses counted? I plan on taking courses to boost my GPA before applying and am not sure how UofA calculates this if its after completion of a degree.'

Hi, based on the information provided on U of A's website (FAQs) "Any courses taken after a degree has been granted must be 200-level (second year) or higher in order to be counted in the GPA. Graduate course work may also be used." 

I called a few days ago and they said they have admitted about a third of the waiting list.

I am approximately half way down the list so fingers are crossed!

Good to hear. :) With the way that things were going, I thought it'd be moving even more slowly..

I'm around half-way, too. Let's hope for the best! What kind of backups do you guys have..?

Wow thanks for letting us know! I'm in the middle of the list as well but I'm losing hope since I don't foresee the list moving much in August. In the meantime I am working as a rehab assistant in a hospital so I hope that boosts my application!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived