Premed 101 Forums

Secondaries

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where to find last year's secondary prompts? I was looking for them because I wanted to start pre-writing my secondaries. I looked at some threads on SDN, but couldn't find them there.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I'm searching the forum trying to figure it out, but with no avail... what are secondaries?

Go to SDN.

There is a primary application, kind of like OMSAS, that then gets sent to every school you apply to individually. Then schools can look at that and send you a follow up application, called a secondary, with school specific essay questions and requirements. Most secondaries are automatic if you meet a gpa/mcat threshold, but some are very selective with offering their secondaries...such that if you got a secondary, you would have a very strong chance of interview.  Many though, just have a computer program run it and automatically spit out a secondary application link to your email/application portal.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where to find last year's secondary prompts? I was looking for them because I wanted to start pre-writing my secondaries. I looked at some threads on SDN, but couldn't find them there.

Thanks!

They are definitely there on SDN. Look at the 2015-2016 threads for the schools you are interested in.

Archived