Premed 101 Forums

Any advice on how long to study for the QE 2, as well as advice on any study resources? I'm scheduled to sit in October so I have about 3 months or so before the exam. I'm planning on reading through Hurley's OSCE and Clinical Skills Handbook. Not many prior threads on the subject, I'm afraid. Thanks!

Are you a Canadian grad? If so, you probably don't have to worry much. I took the week before the exam off from service, and studied really hard. I was in a non-clinical residency, so my skills were getting rusty by R2. Passed with plenty of cushion.  

I think studying depends mostly on background (CMG vs. IMG) and type of residency program (clinical vs. non-clinical). In general, the LMCC is really just an excuse to take more $$$ from us - not much other utility of such a test when 95%+ of us will pass it anyway.

Personally, I don't plan to study for it at all, but I am a CMG in FM, so am feeling pretty confident with the topics tested. I think in general, if you walk into the exam and act just like you would in any real clinic (e.g. "be a doctor"), you should do fine... 

Thanks for the responses. I'm a Canadian IMG, in Australian general practice/FM training. I'll be sitting my GP written exams and OSCEs not too long afterwards so I'll probably focus my studying on those exams, rather than the QE 2. It seems like acute scenarios are fair game so I'll review the ACLS and ATLS situations as well.

Archived