Premed 101 Forums

Bi-Monthly Resident Pay

I just got my first bi-monthly PGY1 payment and it's $2105. I can't seem to figure out how that works out based on the paro scale as stated on their webpage and pasted below. I opted to not have my taxes deducted at source. Can anyone shed light on how this breaks down? Or what a fellow PGY1 got as their first payment? Thanks.

Paro pay info:

Annual Salary
$55,825.76
Gross Semi-monthly Pay
$2,326.07
Income Tax      
$422.08
Canada Pension Plan
$107.92
Employment Insurance    
$43.73
Long Term Disability
$9.82
PARO Dues
$30.70
Net Semi-monthly Pay
$1,711.82

I just got my first bi-monthly PGY1 payment and it's $2105. I can't seem to figure out how that works out based on the paro scale as stated on their webpage and pasted below. I opted to not have my taxes deducted at source. Can anyone shed light on how this breaks down? Or what a fellow PGY1 got as their first payment? Thanks.

Paro pay info:

Annual Salary
$55,825.76
Gross Semi-monthly Pay
$2,326.07
Income Tax      
$422.08
Canada Pension Plan
$107.92
Employment Insurance    
$43.73
Long Term Disability
$9.82
PARO Dues
$30.70
Net Semi-monthly Pay
$1,711.82

I don't understand the question. The info that you cut and pasted from the website includes income tax deductions, which you opted out of. 

If you take the net semi-monthly pay they estimate and add the stated tax back in, the difference between your pay and that figure is less than $30. That's not that much. Government deductions might have changed slightly, or the EI estimate could be off. You stop paying EI once you hit a yearly maximum, so the figure stated there might be an average for the year. 

Archived