Premed 101 Forums

Casper Score And Practice?

Hi,

I'm glad that you and many other people in our class were successful in your med school applications without having to spend extra money to get in. Well, couldn't afford it is more accurate. I was very clear in my first post and said that people are welcome to take my advice with a grain of salt.  You will never see test makers offer any of their practice tests for free (other than a sample test) because I would imagine there are huge costs incurred to them to develop the tests and I don't blame them nor would I expect them to give away their intellectual property for free. With respect, this is really untrue. I can develop a practice CASPer that is just as reflective as the real thing in a day. And it will cost me $0. McMaster openly discloses the domains that the questions come from: communication, collaboration, ethics, professionalism, social responsibility and self-reflection. There is nothing really innovative about the nature of those questions. The challenge is being genuine and thoughtful in answering them in 5 minutes.  The same can be said of any quality test prep company that spends the time and money to develop these tests.

Yes, AP earned a profit off of me but they delivered on what they promised and at the end of the day, it was an investment for me.  I'm better off having spent that money then saving it and reapplying this cycle.   For the record, I did all the things you suggested such as practice questions from friends/self who aren't trying to "take anything from me" but I'm sure you know as a first year med student, things are also very busy and I doubt as my friend, you'd able to devote 7 weeks of your time to help me get to where I needed to be for casper.  Not to mention another 4-6 weeks to help me prepare for the interview.  If you have med school friends that were able to devote that much time to help you prepare or better yet, if you didn't require that intensive prep then you will probably have a harder time relating to what I went through.

As one of our classmates, Edict posted on here  .....  "If you think about it, the amount of money you've spent getting here absolutely dwarfs the amount of money you can spend on practice tests. Obviously don't go overboard, I only bought a few but its good practice to prepare you for the real thing."

I have some comments in bold - but I think we have both done our part and delivered two differing perspectives and it is up for the people reading to decide how to prepare. That is what dialogue is all about anyway. I hope we cross paths sometime during our time at Mac

Cheers

I have some comments in bold - but I think we have both done our part and delivered two differing perspectives and it is up for the people reading to decide how to prepare. That is what dialogue is all about anyway. I hope we cross paths sometime during our time at Mac

Cheers

It would be funny if we are in the same tutorial and didn't even know it.

With respect, this is really untrue. I can develop a practice CASPer that is just as reflective as the real thing in a day. And it will cost me $0.

If you can develop a full length practice CASPer that is just as reflective of the real thing in a day that will cost you nothing .... then I highly encourage you to do so and make it available to everyone.

Please let us know when you plan to make this practice Casper test available for premeds to practice on? Keep in mind, 8 of the sections are video based. Good luck finding peeps who are willing to collaborate with you to make the videos for free.

Cheers

Archived