Premed 101 Forums

U Of A Ot Personal Statement & Academic History

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be applying to U of A's OT program for fall 2016. I'm really curious about withdrawals too, because I have a couple and I'm wondering if they will even consider me because of this. Does anyone have any idea how badly having a few withdrawals on your transcript hurts your chances for getting Into U of A :( ??

I got into U of A last year and I had a few withdrawals on my transcript from my first year.  I did not mention these in my personal statement but I did mention the course that I failed and what I learned from the experience. Best of luck!

Hi Brody, what was your admission GPA and what experience did you have at the time of application? I'm trying to find out if it's worth it for me to apply to U of A.

Sometimes, mentioning these things will just be drawing attention to it. Withdrawal is not a fail. unless u have more than 2 in the same term or year and you have documentation to prove to them your reason for withdrawing, I think u should not mention it They have lots of application they are going thru. they probably will not pay much attention to it. ON the other hand, if you dont mention it and u get a very particular admissions officer, that might work against u.It is a gamble so good luck,  I have one on my transcript and I did not mention it. I later took that course though. Good luck. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brody, what was your admission GPA and what experience did you have at the time of application? I'm trying to find out if it's worth it for me to apply to U of A.

Sorry for the late response, I just saw this message now. My GPA was around 3.65 but I had quite a bit of volunteer and work experience. I had around 9 months volunteering with 2 OT's and over 1000 hours working with autistic children using interventions and activities set out by their OT's. I also had very good reference letters.

Archived