Premed 101 Forums

3.4-3.5 Gpa-Where Should I Apply?

Hey guys,

The last time I checked my gpa (discluding this semester) the last 60 credits were between a 3.4-3.5. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on where I can realistically apply if besides this I have a solid resume.

Any tips will be really helpful!

Thank you

You have a good shot at Mcgill if you have a solid resume ! 

Hi! 

You think a 3,5 is ok at McGill? I'm a first time applicant at McGill this year and their gpa cutoff seems very mysterious....They say average GPA of people that get invited to the MEM is about 3,8...I thought 3,5 was too low...I'm I wrong?

Hi! 

You think a 3,5 is ok at McGill? I'm a first time applicant at McGill this year and their gpa cutoff seems very mysterious....They say average GPA of people that get invited to the MEM is about 3,8...I thought 3,5 was too low...I'm I wrong?

I was under 3.5 and I got in(second time applicant-from the waitlist)...I got rejected by Queen's though (out province).

What type of applicant are you? I'm from University of Montreal.

Thank you for you answer, I thought my chances were almost inexistant according to those statistics on McGill's website, but I might have a shot after all!

what do you mean by type of applicant?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! 

I was just wondering where you got the 3.8 number? All I can find on McGill's website is that the average last year was 3.5. I'm finding there isn't a lot of information about stats for people who got into McGill OT last year.

I was just wondering where you got the 3.8 number? All I can find on McGill's website is that the average last year was 3.5. I'm finding there isn't a lot of information about stats for people who got into McGill OT last year.

Hi! 

Actually, I thought 216applicant was talking about MD application, but it was for another program! The 3,8 is for MDCM at McGill!

Sorry for the confusion!

If your cumulative GPA is 3.0 and higher then Queen's would be the best choice. Otherwise it might be worth trying for U of T if you have research experience.

I actually do have research experience but I was under the assumption that U of T would not even look at my application unless I have above a 3.8 GPA. Is this correct?

Archived