Premed 101 Forums

Shadowing Experience

Hi everyone,

I feel like this had probably been addressed elsewhere, but with the deadline fast approaching I thought I would just throw this out there again. Humour me!

I've been in touch with OTs via volunteering, job shadowing and by interviewing them over the phone. I've been struggling with where to reference these experiences in different parts of my application.

The volunteering experiences are in my CV, and so far I've been able to specifically describe one of my shadowing experiences in my personal statement. I also allude to the general things I've learned about OT there.

But there are two other shadowing experiences that I haven't mentionned in detail in the personal statement. I'm just running out of room....! Has anyone listed them all in their CV? (again, there's not really much room there, either!) I'm not sure what the best strategy is...

Any advice appreciated!

Out of the 4 shadowing experience I have had with OTs, I only mentioned 2 of them in my application. I did not want to waste space writing information that did not flow well with the rest of my personal statement. One of my OT shadowing was done through my work experience with special needs children. So I talked about what I learned from that shadowing experience and how I applied them at work setting. I also used OT shadowing experience to discuss one of the healthcare trend for ORPAS essay.

And I listed OT shadowing in CV. I thought it was important to include because it shows that you are interested and have knowledge of OT, therefore making an informed choice.

Archived