Ubc Dmd Interveiw Invite/ Rejection 2016

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invite (IP)

Date: Feb 13

GPA: 87-9? not sure

DAT: 23AA, 20PAT

Hi guys, I am very concerned because my interview is on the same day as my med school interview... Has anyone had similar problems before, or know of anyone who did? I've called DMD office, and I was told to call MD office first and if they say no, then MAYBE DMD will consider rescheduling me. but ONLY IF there is someone else who directly emails for a change in DMD interview. 

So if any of you would like to move your DMD interview date to Feb 12-13, please PM me! I don't know if they will just do it for anyone since I NEED my date changed, or if both of us need to have valid reasons.

What a shame... I sure hope they help you out! Would you choose med over dent if you had to pick? Is it common for people to apply for both?

To those rejected, did your letter of rejection sent in the mail have a hand written note saying "please apply again"? The previous years when I've been rejected at UBC I never got a hand written note in the letter to apply again, so I was wondering if this is something they started doing this year to all rejectees?

To those rejected, did your letter of rejection sent in the mail have a hand written note saying "please apply again"? The previous years when I've been rejected at UBC I never got a hand written note in the letter to apply again, so I was wondering if this is something they started doing this year to all rejectees?

//

• 1 month later...

Are there any current students who remember when they were told results would be released and when they actually heard? If so please share!

I have a feeling the results will come out sooner because they might want to give themselves the maximum time in case some delay happened during the selection process. 

On our interview day (Jan 30th), Dr. Sweet said the admissions meeting was to take place March 30th and they'd send out emails Monday April 4th and they repeated that after our interview as well. Apparently, on other days, they told them it'd be released early April but on our day, they said April 4th specifically.

• 2 weeks later...

On our interview day (Jan 30th), Dr. Sweet said the admissions meeting was to take place March 30th and they'd send out emails Monday April 4th and they repeated that after our interview as well. Apparently, on other days, they told them it'd be released early April but on our day, they said April 4th specifically.

Has anyone been able to get a definitive answer on whether offers will be made on Apr 1 or Apr 4?

Also, could someone tell me if I've understood incorrectly: On Apr 1/Apr 4, waitlisted candidates will not be contacted at all... they will be contacted down the line, when they are either accepted or definitively rejected. Is that correct?

Archived