Premed 101 Forums

Casper?

Trying to book a date for CASPer and it's giving me this: "Number is 6 digits, starting with ‘8’, and is generated when you SUBMIT your application"

Does that mean people don't book CASPer until after submitting their apps? And are there a limited number of spots?   

Yeah, that's my understanding of it - I just tried to book a date for my first time, as well. I'm not sure if spots are limited since it's only an online assessment, but hopefully there's enough for everyone to write it if it is limited!

• 2 weeks later...

Also if I recall from last year, you can use your AAMC id to register? It looks like Mac isn't covering the fee for the test this year though, as it's coming up as $50 in my cart.. 

You ended up paying more to apply for mac on OMSAS so technically you still covered for it. Not sure how it is this cycle to apply for mac on OMSAS

You ended up paying more to apply for mac on OMSAS so technically you still covered for it. Not sure how it is this cycle to apply for mac on OMSAS

Unfortunately, it's not included in this year's fee, so Mac applicants will have to pay the $125+50 (including taxes on the CASPER fee). Really sucks for us low-income applicants but what can you do. From the McMaster page on OMSAS:

CASPer™ will be offered on a limited number of days in fall 2016. Review available dates and sign up for CASPer™. There will be a fee charged by Altus Assessments, the company who administers the CASPer™ test.  This fee is paid directly to Altus Assessments and is not included in the OMSAS/McMaster application fee.

Archived