Premed 101 Forums

Is There Any Chance I Won't Get An Interview?

I'm applying to three schools (ubc/u of a/manitoba) and I'm looking for some reassurance that I'm definitely going to get interview invites to all of them because my interviewing skills are weak and I need to start practicing MMI asap so I can get into at least one school.

Stats:

GPA: 3.91-3.98 depending on the school. I think ~3.91 for UBC and 3.98 for U of A.

Chem: 25
Bio: 25
Reading: 29
TS: 25
AA: 26

PAT: 24

MDT: 21

Am I safe guys?

Yeah you safe for interviews, but that's about it. For UBC, once you get the interview, your evaluation is 100% based on MMI. They don't care about dat and gpa. For uofa, you need to meet a cutoff of around 32/49, otherwise they drop your application. For uofm, you need to score in the top 1/3 of interviewees as an OOP to be considered for admission.

Gluck.

Apply to every school (toronto, western, dal, sask too)

Hypothetically, let's say someone said you weren't safe. Would that actually change what you're going to do? There should be no response here that would suddenly make you not prepare to interview.

that is one of the rules in this game - you are never "safe" so always seek to reduce any risk you can (apply broadly, practice, correct your weaknesses.......). Stay sharp :)

Hypothetically, let's say someone said you weren't safe. Would that actually change what you're going to do? There should be no response here that would suddenly make you not prepare to interview.

I understand what you're saying. But I'm going to take a lighter courseload second semester to give myself a bit of breathing room if I think I'm 100% going to get interviews.

This is a great perspective. 

You obviously have what it takes for an interview. The rest, at this point, is up to you. How you perform in the interview is what it comes down to. Prepare and make sure that this is what you want. 

Archived