Premed 101 Forums

Grade Conversion To Ubc %

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to convert letter grades from Ontario universities to a UBC percentage scale? My school has a 12-point grade scale, so I figured the recent UBC cut off of 82%/A- would simply convert to a 10 out of 12 average. However, that introduces the problem of a 10 being anything from 80-84%, so I was wondering if UBC converts these letter grades differently. Any help is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there OhTea,

From what I've been told/heard UBC will use the lower percentage from the range of their grade scale. So if an A- converts to a 80-84 at your school and UBC they will give you the 80% when converting that grade. It really sucks when coming from a school that uses point conversions rather than exact percentages.

Again this is only what I've been told by friends that got into UBC med/dentistry/PT/OT so take it with a grain of salt.

Hopefully it at least gives you an idea of where you stand

All the best and good luck this year!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey there OhTea,

From what I've been told/heard UBC will use the lower percentage from the range of their grade scale. So if an A- converts to a 80-84 at your school and UBC they will give you the 80% when converting that grade. It really sucks when coming from a school that uses point conversions rather than exact percentages.

Again this is only what I've been told by friends that got into UBC med/dentistry/PT/OT so take it with a grain of salt.

Hopefully it at least gives you an idea of where you stand

All the best and good luck this year!

Hey KinGuy19,

Thanks so much for your response! It really helped :) that is really frustrating to see that they take the lower percentage, but can't say I'm entirely surprised by that. 

Archived