Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Dmd Interview Invites/regrets 2017

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure? There isn't any other information and last year, they gave a date on Minerva to those who got interview invites so i'm not sure whether its an invite or waitlist 

31 - Further Review Required Invitation for an interview, Minerva checklist has been updated.

Invite

Date Stamp: 03/02/2017 - 09:08 AM
wGPA: 3.6 
Degree: M.Sc. (now 1st year of PhD)
ECs: Lots of research during undergrad (might have compensated for the low GPA). 1 publication 1st author, 2 publications as co-author, scholarships for undergrad, masters and PhD, Student associations during MSc and PhD, short experience (2-3 months) as a secretary in a dental office, watercolor and painting as a hobby and illustrated a novel.

I had no expectations because of my GPA so I am now very happy they give me a chance !!!! :)

Invite

Date Stamp: 03/02/2017 - 9:08 AM
cGPA McGill: 3.73
Degree: BSc. Graduate 2016
ECs: Varied but not much research or scholarships. I have been on the Conservative Party Campaign team for the past 3 elections though that's the most significant thing. I do speak a bit of French though.

Honestly didn't believe I had an interview but it was a shock that I got one. Not exactly sure what they look for when they select people for interviews though since clearly there are many 3.9+ GPAs who got rejected outright from OOP. I know these folks will get in somewhere in Canada and I wish them all luck! Excited to meet everyone!

Archived