Premed 101 Forums

Hopeful17.. yes U of T! Keep checking your email! Good luck

Thank you! I called and they said all the emails were sent in one shot though so it does mean I did not get an invite.

It's fair competition though - just means you guys have better profiles :)

I do believe things happen for a reason and I want to believe something good will come out of me having to leave Toronto.

Congratulations again guys - all the best on the interview!

Thank you! I called and they said all the emails were sent in one shot though so it does mean I did not get an invite.

It's fair competition though - just means you guys have better profiles :)

I do believe things happen for a reason and I want to believe something good will come out of me having to leave Toronto.

Congratulations again guys - all the best on the interview!

That is how I felt with UBC. Don't worry good things happen!!!

Hey everyone,

Congratulations on your CAP invites! I'm currently in PT at U of T and can't wait to meet some of you in September!

In terms of the CAP, if I had any advice for you guys (I saw someone ask how others were preparing) it would be to make sure your answers are not cookie cutter. Remember that 350 people just like you are answering the same questions, so you need to formulate answers that will stand out from the others. Don't go in and give a generic, regurgitated answer. Be original, draw on your personal experiences, and get creative. That's what will make an impression more than anything.

It is a stressful and intense day but the staff at U of T do everything they can to lighten the mood and help you embrace the moment and do the best you can. Do your utmost to enjoy the day and stay positive.

Good luck!

Does anyone know what the character limit is on some of the CAP questions? From what I understand, the questions are weighted differently kind of like on an exam so I'm guessing the character limit might be different as well but just a ballpark number would be helpful. I'm trying to practice typing my answers but unsure of how long/short to make them.

Hey everyone,

Congratulations on your CAP invites! I'm currently in PT at U of T and can't wait to meet some of you in September!

In terms of the CAP, if I had any advice for you guys (I saw someone ask how others were preparing) it would be to make sure your answers are not cookie cutter. Remember that 350 people just like you are answering the same questions, so you need to formulate answers that will stand out from the others. Don't go in and give a generic, regurgitated answer. Be original, draw on your personal experiences, and get creative. That's what will make an impression more than anything.

It is a stressful and intense day but the staff at U of T do everything they can to lighten the mood and help you embrace the moment and do the best you can. Do your utmost to enjoy the day and stay positive.

Good luck!

PT201511, do you remember how many questions were on the CAP? And how much time is given for each question?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else getting nervous for the CAP this weekend? The waiting to write the CAP and to hear about admission decisions in May is slowly killing me...

lol I'm feeling both excited nervous. I'll be the person purfusely sweating tomorrow!!!

Archived