Premed 101 Forums

-

Queen's released their acceptances on SOLUS the night before the actual decision day, so I found out unexpectedly while being neurotic on pm101 in my apartment.

I remember the bunch of us on here who found out early had a jolly good time on the decision day anticipation thread.

I think that night's sleep was the most peaceful one I ever had...

(totally cheating :) - but awesome none the less ) 

I was in my lab, doing some benchwork at the end of my Master's - was pretty demoralized at this point as I had been waitlisted about a week and a half prior, and I was gearing up for a fifth year +/- MCAT rewrite. One of my labmates went to go check my computer for some data he needed, and an email from McMaster popped up saying I'd gotten off the waitlist. He ran into the lab, basically dragged me out of the fume hood and insisted I go check my email.

Edit - productivity was at an all-time low the rest of the day

(Maybe not fair because it was for MD/PhD so it didnt happen in may).

I had been waitlisted and given my previous experience on med school waitlists, I took it as a rejection. I was in lab working on my thesis when I received an email telling me to call the school regarding the status of my application.

In my head there were two scenarios:

1) All the candidates have been selected and the waitlist is closed. You are still being considered for the MD stream.

2) You have been accepted off waitlist.

I wish they had just emailed me the result because its really hard to dial a phone number when your hands are shaking.... and they didnt pick up the first time I called.

I was accepted and I blew off the rest of my respsibilities for the day b/c I was too happy to sit still and concentrate.

(Maybe not fair because it was for MD/PhD so it didnt happen in may).

I had been waitlisted and given my previous experience on med school waitlists, I took it as a rejection. I was in lab working on my thesis when I received an email telling me to call the school regarding the status of my application.

In my head there were two scenarios:

1) All the candidates have been selected and the waitlist is closed. You are still being considered for the MD stream.

2) You have been accepted off waitlist.

I wish they had just emailed me the result because its really hard to dial a phone number when your hands are shaking.... and they didnt pick up the first time I called.

I was accepted and I blew off the rest of my respsibilities for the day b/c I was too happy to sit still and concentrate.

Congrats, which school did you get accepted to?

Archived