Premed 101 Forums

Contact of Verifiers??

Guest Srap03

Hi Folks!!

My experience reading these posts has been very reassuring. and exciting!

Does anybody have any idea of when do they contact the verifiers we chose for our "auto-biography" questions? Just wondering...

All the best to everyone trying...

Srap 8)

Guest Biochem10

Don't quote me please, but my impression is that verifiers are not contacted unless there is a specific reason for contacting them. I don't think they go down the list and call everyone, just if something looks questionable. That's how I think the process works, but may be one of the med students at Mac will know best. I just can't imagine them calling every verifier, especially since there are so many applicants and each applicant had probably over 10 verifiers. That's probably the work of hiring 5 full-time employees! Well, there's my thoughts.

Would we be contacted if our verifiers give a negative response?

Because I didn't check with any of my verifiers - I just listed the organization. E.g. if I volunteered at a hospital I listed the hospital volunteer office. If they've forgotten about me, I wouldn't know. I figured as long as I was completely honest about what I was listing, it would work out in the end. Did everybody check with all their verifiers?

Guest Chieka101

I couldn't be bothered checking all the verifiers either (bad, I know). I checked most of the ones who knew me personally, but if it was for an organization, I didn't. I'm crossing my fingers.

C.

Guest Valani9

I think it's very unlikely that they will contact the verifiers (unless something looks really sketchy). It's not practical - that would be something like 4000 phone calls (10 per person interviewed. No way.

It's not like they're references, they just have to verify that we participated in a certain activity. So as long as you were honest, it shouldn't be that big of a deal IMHO.

Guest gucio93

I wouldn't worry. Like Carolyne said, verifiers are only contacted of the person assessing the submission has serious doubts about the veracity of the candidate's claims. I personally have not had the need to ask for any verifier to be contacted when I marked submissions last year.

Thanks a bunch for everyone of you who offered information!!

I have not contacted alllll of my verifiers either, but they should remember me... ;)

Anyway, God Bless all the honest and motivated applicants!! 8)

Thanks again, Srap03

Archived