Premed 101 Forums

Province status

Hello, 

I am from New Brunswick but came to McMaster to study and have studied for 4 years.

I know that I am currently considered IP as I did my four years of undergrad at McMaster.

However, I plan on going back to NB to work for a bit. 

If I apply to McMaster Med school after 1 or 2 years, would I be still considered in province or would I be considered out of province at that point?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I just started looking into med schools recently (original aim was dent until the 3rd time my target school decided to change the reqs on me) and came across this post. 

On 11/12/2017 at 0:37 AM, bennielam said:

Pretty sure Mac only requires you to have lived 3 years in Ontario in total since the age of 16 to qualify as IP so you should be fine...?

I found the link where this is stated on the mac med site (turns out it's since the age of 14). However, it's very brief and over the years I've come to realize there are always nitty gritty rules/exceptions to every requirement. I've lived in Ontario for the past 11 years and just moved to QC this september. My question is if there are any addons to that rule as to how recent those years must be. I won't be applying for another 2-3 years so there's no stipulation that it has to be within x number of years of application is there? The above poster was asking something similar but for a shorter timespan so thought I'd ask to be sure. 

Archived