Premed 101 Forums

2018 Post Interview discussion

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Eudaimonia said:

Surprised there's no activity here. Just want to say that the video blew my mind! Super awesome job, lived up to the "Oscar-worthy" intro

Agreed. Interviewed at several other unis and Toronto's video was by far the best. It was cinematic, funny, highly relatable, had no cringeworthy acting, and Hans Zimmer.

Firstly 100% agree with the comments about the amazing video ^, secondly guys, I was hoping to get a discussion started on how everyone felt about their interview. I keep going from "Wow I was stellar" to "Wow, you couldn't think of anything else to say"??? Is anyone else in the same boat? 

25 minutes ago, Zulu18 said:

Firstly 100% agree with the comments about the amazing video ^, secondly guys, I was hoping to get a discussion started on how everyone felt about their interview. I keep going from "Wow I was stellar" to "Wow, you couldn't think of anything else to say"??? Is anyone else in the same boat? 

I kept on remembering stupid things I said. I kept on thinking to myself "what the heck were u thinking" so yea i'm prob in a worse boat than u haha.

9 hours ago, Zulu18 said:

Oh yes. I'm sure I killed it at one station but at another, it was SO subpar that I don't even remember what I said or what the questions were because none of that was memorable and I contributed nothing of significance. The other two were average, giving me a very average overall interview :/ which is disappointing since I thought the MPI would make it easier for applicants to shine 

9 hours ago, Zulu18 said:

At the time, I felt I was really amazing in two of them, but rather dumb in one, having to continuously backtrack and stammeringly explain my reasoning. For the fourth one, I have no idea as to how what I answered even made sense..... In recent weeks, much like the others here, I have vacillated between feeling really good or really awful about the interviews in general. Guess we'll see....

Thought it was actually very relaxed/low-stress compared to other schools! Surprised me since Toronto has such a rep of being intense/competitive/etc. Honestly made me rethink my opinion of the school overall haha. Also thirding that the video was /amazing/, I fully teared up at that soundtrack. Does anyone know if there's any way we could get access to the info session powerpoint? 

Archived