Premed 101 Forums

Accommodations for MCAT

Maggie19

I was wondering if anyone here has already made a request for accommodations? I have a disorder that causes some physical issues (mostly pain) and I know that I would not be able to sit still for the whole test. I would like to know if anyone has been in this situation and what could be done (ie. more break time, being allowed to move around every now and then)? Also, is the test on the computer or is there a written portion?

Thank you :)

There is no written portion, everything is MC on the computer. However I think the test is designed such that everything continues to roll once started so I'm not sure they'd be able to add extra time to your breaks, but you never know! I don't know anything about their accommodation policy. You are allowed to take a break (ie leave your computer) at any time, although if it isn't a scheduled break, the timer will not pause and the check in/out process takes a couple minutes each time (and time is precious!). Have you done a practice test with the breaks and found that they were not enough?

Hope you find a solution and good luck

Thank you! I have not done practice tests yet, but I know that sitting still for too long will cause inevitable pain, especially since my day job is a desk job which has been causing more pain lately :( I'll try to figure something out. If nothing can be done, I'll just suck it up for the day lol I just wanted to know if anyone had ever had accommodations for something like that.

Archived