Premed 101 Forums

The Royal College Exam Journey - a pictorial essay

• rmorelan changed the title to What it feels like to write the royal college exam
  • rmorelan changed the title to The Royal College Journey - a pictorial essay
  • rmorelan changed the title to The Royal College Exam Journey - a pictorial essay
On 7/29/2018 at 2:06 PM, goleafsgochris said:

Im a year out and it still feels weird.  Its hard to describe how bad the royal college year is.  Much of medical training is painful but that year was at least for me far and away the worst.  I liked the gif essay though.

I think it is for most - hard to describe to someone what it is like to spend every single moment of an entire year purely focused on a single test, covering material that is never ending and often boring as hell (and completely irrelevant to you) 

like hitting your hand with a hammer repeatedly for weeks on end,  it feels really good when you stop ha. 

i remember, after finishing my exam and stepping outside the centre in Ottawa, it was like i was like I had suddenly found my way back into civilization after being lost in the wilderness for a year.

It's been several years since I wrote now. I lost the exam weight (then put a portion of it back on as "staff weight"...that's gotta be a thing??:lol:), and I'm gradually filling in many of the gaps from that year. But every so often I still hear about an incident or celebrity death I had no idea about, or come across a hit song or movie from that period that I've never even heard of.

Archived