Premed 101 Forums

Western Dent Shadowing Experience

Hey guys!!! 

I am planning to apply to Western Dent this cycle and was wondering about the specifics of the ABS. I've been hearing that theres a section to put down shadowing experiences. Does this have to specifically be dentistry related or can we put down any shadowing done in the healthcare field (ex cardiologist, GP etc)? Also, if they specifically require us to have shadowed a dentist, do you guys recommend trying to gain such experience during the 2 months until the application is due? 

I am assuming that they mean shadowing a dentist.  Showing that you have shadowed a dentist gives some sort of indication that you are interested and aware of what a dentist does.   Even if it wasn't required for dental applications, I strongly recommend shadowing.  You may not know what is going on 100% of the time, but you will have a better idea as to whether this career is right for you.

On 10/26/2018 at 8:15 PM, nematoda said:

Hey guys!!! 

I am planning to apply to Western Dent this cycle and was wondering about the specifics of the ABS. I've been hearing that theres a section to put down shadowing experiences. Does this have to specifically be dentistry related or can we put down any shadowing done in the healthcare field (ex cardiologist, GP etc)? Also, if they specifically require us to have shadowed a dentist, do you guys recommend trying to gain such experience during the 2 months until the application is due? 

On application its dental shadowing, you are applying to be a dentist why would you want to say you shadowed cardiologist? It asks for the days shadowed and can put up to 5 different dentists that you shadowed. 

Archived