Premed 101 Forums

What is the Panel Interview Like?

Hey guys!! Now that I'm getting serious about interview prep and since UofA introduced the panel last year, I was wondering how to prepare for that and what its like, what kind of questions they ask, etc. If anyone has interviewed last year, I would love to hear your experience with the panel especially!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 10:02 PM, Eudaimonia said:

If you dig into our speculations last year about the panel, I'll tell you that it gives you a good idea of what it is (I'm not sure how much information about it is non-disclosable) 

I've been looking through your post history and I really can't find much. Do you mind linking the thread? Is there anything else someone could share (keeping in mind what you've signed obviously) letting us know how to prepare?

1 hour ago, tehol123 said:

I've been looking through your post history and I really can't find much. Do you mind linking the thread? Is there anything else someone could share (keeping in mind what you've signed obviously) letting us know how to prepare?

Lol I meant to dig through the threads, not my posts :lol:

Voila:

http://forums.premed101.com/topic/98771-does-anyone-know-the-structure-of-the-mmi-vs-panel-part-of-the-interview/

http://forums.premed101.com/topic/98357-when-are-interview-invitesrejections-coming-out/?page=8

1 hour ago, Eudaimonia said:

Haha thanks. I did find those ones earlier but I was more hoping there would be information about what types of topics would be covered in the panel interview rather than the logistics. Thanks though!

On 2/15/2019 at 6:16 PM, tehol123 said:

Haha thanks. I did find those ones earlier but I was more hoping there would be information about what types of topics would be covered in the panel interview rather than the logistics. Thanks though!

I think that could be veering into NDA territory probably. Panel interviews ask you about yourself. They tend to use questions based off your description of activities on your application. Think of a job interview. Panels are a more "traditional style" of interviewing. That's probably the most I can share, because I think that counts as common knowledge.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:32 AM, Persephone said:

I think that could be veering into NDA territory probably. Panel interviews ask you about yourself. They tend to use questions based off your description of activities on your application. Think of a job interview. Panels are a more "traditional style" of interviewing. That's probably the most I can share, because I think that counts as common knowledge.

Thanks! Apologies, I was not trying to go into NDA territory. But your answer actually is really helpful. 

On 1/30/2019 at 7:35 PM, teeezyyy said:

Hey guys!! Now that I'm getting serious about interview prep and since UofA introduced the panel last year, I was wondering how to prepare for that and what its like, what kind of questions they ask, etc. If anyone has interviewed last year, I would love to hear your experience with the panel especially!

Panel interviews were my favourite part of the interview last year. You will really enjoy it because you will be able to talk about things that you are passionate about :). Be prepared to discuss ur activities.

Archived