Premed 101 Forums

U of S invites

12 minutes ago, Dr.Dent said:

I'm gonna wait and see what she responds to your guy's emails. If not, I def. encourage us all emailing them so that they realize it's not so easy to just randomly choose people from waitlist. My dad said the same about taking them to court since the only criteria for selection was grades and DAT. They can't even say that some people were chosen b/c of interview skills or anything. lol 

i know of at least 3 of us who did (emailed), truly confusing times. There is no reasonable excuse that they can give, because they disclosed their selection criteria this year. 

12 hours ago, futureDr.N said:

I think the college can really do anything they want sadly, and give us "we cant disclose any information" because at the end of the day they're getting paid no matter what and we play their game. We always will.  I really hope that something comes forth with this though, because it isn't right. We've been in the dark too long tbh! 

I never fully believed that 2 months went by and barely any movement IP, but it could happen we don't know all the people that applied, all i know is that the UofS Dentistry Class of 2024 has only 23 members and 1 new member joined last week. 

All the people that emailed merissa just post on the forum what comes from it, and hopefully it's good news 

how did you find out that there's 23 members? 

Just now, Crockus said:

Maybe there’s more than 5 people on the top third this year? I don’t know anymore..

i don't think so to be honest. there cant be more than 12 people on it. and i seen this on social media, they just now celebrated and given the recent news with my other friend I'm pretty sure all three of them were waitlisted in the middle third. 

Just now, c5555 said:

Can you confirm what third they’re in 

no sorry i don't really know them personally, i just know their friend. but its safe to assume they're lower than us given all the recent news. I'm just trying to figure out what I should do now.. if they ignore and wait till end of july to send us rejection letters ill be so mad because the reason why I've put off finding a plan b and getting full time work for the past 3 months is because i have no idea wtf was going on with the waitlist. this is extremely unprofessional and illogical on their end.

6 minutes ago, ancientsoul said:

i don't think so to be honest. there cant be more than 12 people on it. and i seen this on social media, they just now celebrated and given the recent news with my other friend I'm pretty sure all three of them were waitlisted in the middle third. 

How do you know there can’t be more than 12 people? I know in previous years that’s how it’s been but this year everything’s pretty different 

Just now, Crockus said:

How do you know there can’t be more than 12 people? I know in previous years that’s how it’s been but this year everything’s pretty different 

yeah but we've already heard of two people in the bottom and middle third getting in, so given that they shared their news at the same time as these guys i would assume this is the case. I'm sorry if I'm sounding negative, but this is what makes more sense to me given recent situations

1 minute ago, c5555 said:

Guys I think it’s too big of a coincidence for NONE of the top to hear anything. Maybe they are just going from bottom to top. There’s no way that if we’re more qualified than some people that we don’t hear anything. 

i agree I'm trying to be more positive and patient. but if its the opposite case and they ignore us again.. I will be too mad to apply again next year