Premed 101 Forums

April 20Th Support Thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious, who here is from UofA?

Hoping everything goes well, I'd love to meet you guys !

Let's all go out after finals to celebrate! 780 for life

wait until they realize there is a huge wide world out there and medicine is just a small part of it...they won't feel so prestigious then ;)  hopefully those you speak of will eventually change their focus from one upping one another to actually advocating for their patients in the future. 

I'm not saying they won't be great doctors but they're very immature when they conduct themselves in that way. I think things have to happen in life to make people more humble and then they'll stop being a-holes :) or at least a bit more self-aware. I should probably speak nice because if I get in, based on my interests and personality, people will definitely know who I am in person. 

This right here is what a wait support thread is all about... lol

Good luck to everyone!   We're aprox. 48 hours out from admission offers!

Also, am I the only one who periodically logs into the UCAN portal, each time hoping that by some random computer glitch it will show me the final decision?  :P

Aha, I thought I was the only one! 

I mean, they need to test the system right? Maybe at some ungodly hour like 3 AM, just for two minutes or something. Have to check, have to check...

Whatever the decision, my mental health will soar after monday  :lol:

I wonder how each one of us will be behaving at this time tomorrow..

I know many of you from this thread will hear the good news. I am so glad I got the chance to meet some of you in person during practice and interview day. You all are such amazing individuals and have done such great things with your lives. It was an honour to meet you future clinicians. I am very very excited and happy for you :D

For those of you who won't make it in this year (a.k.a me), don't let the rejection get to you. Hopefully you've got a healthy coping method and a support system to help you get back on your game. Rejection hurts, its normal to feel upset and angry when the bad news comes. You are only being human. But it doesn't mean you are not good enough. Sometimes these things are not within our control no matter how much we try. Be grateful you were even interviewed, because the majority of people weren't. You were part of the lucky ~40%. If medicine is something you really want, I am sure you will keep striving for it, and you will eventually get in someday.

I wonder how each one of us will be behaving at this time tomorrow..

I know many of you from this thread will hear the good news. I am so glad I got the chance to meet some of you in person during practice and interview day. You all are such amazing individuals and have done such great things with your lives. It was an honour to meet you future clinicians. I am very very excited and happy for you :D

For those of you who won't make it in this year (a.k.a me), don't let the rejection get to you. Hopefully you've got a healthy coping method and a support system to help you get back on your game. Rejection hurts, its normal to feel upset and angry when the bad news comes. You are only being human. But it doesn't mean you are not good enough. Sometimes these things are not within our control no matter how much we try. Be grateful you were even interviewed, because the majority of people weren't. You were part of the lucky ~40%. If medicine is something you really want, I am sure you will keep striving for it, and you will eventually get in someday.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Good luck, everyone! If not this year, it will be the next or the year after... keep at it!  :) Remember that an average Canadian applicant applies 2.7x before getting in. 

(I hope that helps... it's helping me cope, haha)

This is definitely nerve wracking, but they say that the entire sea won't sink a boat unless it gets inside. So don't let your nerves get inside you, you've all put a lot of work to make it to this point. 

For those who make it in, it was an honor and privilege to meet you guys at interview. I'm sure that you will make stellar clinicians and I am very happy for you. For those who are not quite as lucky, keep your chin up. Calm seas never make good sailors.

Best of luck everyone!

If it's only two that are haunting you, then you must have done something right!

I've been down this road a few times before, so I have the (entirely false) feeling that the people that get in feel great about every single station  :P

EDIT: 2 were trainwrecks, I am not saying I did amazing at the other 10   ;)

Is anyone else just not sleeping? I'm doing dishes out of anxiety. At least the kitchen will be clean

...Not me Im in deep sleep.....LOOOL

Its part of my plan, stay up late, wake up late, no waiting....

This is torture. 

Archived