Premed 101 Forums

Queens Interview-March 25

I interviewed on Feb 24th and I don't think a day goes by that I don't re-play moments of the interview in a hypercritical/cynical way. I think this is just part of the process for us. We all put so much of our hearts into this, its hard not to be critical of ourselves. The worst part is that there really is no way to know until May!!

Yup. Came out of it feeling OK. Thought "hey that wasn't so bad!" Was pretty proud I brought my personality to the stations even though there was a couple of hiccups.

Then during the 7 hr drive from Kingston to home, I had nothing to distract myself from my ruminations. Now I'm pretty convinced I'm not getting in this year.

I have brief, 20 minute periods during the day when I think "wait wait maybe there's hope!". But the rest of my day is filled with "better luck next year. If you can get an interview again, that is..."

My point is you're not alone.

4 hours ago, Egg_McMuffin said:

Yup. Came out of it feeling OK. Thought "hey that wasn't so bad!" Was pretty proud I brought my personality to the stations even though there was a couple of hiccups.

Then during the 7 hr drive from Kingston to home, I had nothing to distract myself from my ruminations. Now I'm pretty convinced I'm not getting in this year.

I have brief, 20 minute periods during the day when I think "wait wait maybe there's hope!". But the rest of my day is filled with "better luck next year. If you can get an interview again, that is..."

My point is you're not alone.

Haha, I did the exact same thing. "hey that wasn't so bad". On the way home, "holy that was a DISASTER".

2 hours ago, snowqueen200 said:

How did everyone feel about the panel? 

I wish it was just a tad bit longer, because I tend to ramble when I tell stories so I got cut off short ... Overall I think I did fine, but I'm just worried its a false sense of security that theyre trying to give us... 

I'm sure that the MMIs were designed to push us to our limits though, see who doesnt crack haha!

Felt great about the panel! They were so friendly and it was really conversational. MMI was meh, felt great about 4/6 stations but 2 had me a bit stumped. Hoping the panel was enough to compensate an average to below-average MMI

10 hours ago, PD23 said:

Felt great about the panel! They were so friendly and it was really conversational. MMI was meh, felt great about 4/6 stations but 2 had me a bit stumped. Hoping the panel was enough to compensate an average to below-average MMI

Oh man, felt the exact same about the panel, and a little worse on the MMIs. I have no idea what the interview weighting is but I'm praying that the panel is weighted equal to the MMI lol

43 minutes ago, conbrio said:

I felt that my MMI circuit was pretty reasonable. On the other hand, I was grilled during the panel where it felt like an interrogation like the one in the Interview Weekend video. 

lmao same. MMI was fair based on what I'd practiced (though not easy by any means); panel was all over the place and I don't think they liked me feelsbadman

feeling pretty shite about the MMIs except for one of them. felt that the panel was chill and my personality shined through, however there was a particular question challenging something i said that the interviewers basically took out of context.. so idk if thats a red flag... :( ugh.

has anyone ever heard of people getting interviews at queens 2 or more years in a row? ive only heard a lot of stories of ppl getting interviews one year and then not the next year.. given that it seems pretty random in who gets selected to interview each year :(

18 minutes ago, peanut.socks said:

feeling pretty shite about the MMIs except for one of them. felt that the panel was chill and my personality shined through, however there was a particular question challenging something i said that the interviewers basically took out of context.. so idk if thats a red flag... :( ugh.

has anyone ever heard of people getting interviews at queens 2 or more years in a row? ive only heard a lot of stories of ppl getting interviews one year and then not the next year.. given that it seems pretty random in who gets selected to interview each year :(

It's possible. People who don't get reinvited would tend to be vocal about that frustration, but I was invited the 2 times I applied, with one year in between 

46 minutes ago, peanut.socks said:

Yeah, I have a friend who got an interview again this year if that helps.

1 hour ago, peanut.socks said:

I applied 3 times. Didn’t interview the first and interviewed the next two years, but my application didn’t change much, just got a degree and a job between the 2nd and 3rd time :/

2 minutes ago, peanut.socks said:

how did you find last years queens interviews compared to this years?

Last year I didn’t really prep because life got in the way. Needless to say I bombed it. I feel like there was more variety in the MMI station types though.

This year the MMIs felt fair although I expected them to be harder. I’d say the panel felt quite similar. 

Just counting down the days to May. Feel better than last year, but I definitely didn’t do the MMI the way I was imagining in my head sadly. Just happy I had what felt like more structure in my answers, even if I talked fast or didn’t sound like a TED speaker lol. Panel I liked, the faculty member seemed interested at least lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2018 at 1:23 PM, conbrio said:

I felt that my MMI circuit was pretty reasonable. On the other hand, I was grilled during the panel where it felt like an interrogation like the one in the Interview Weekend video. 

i had the opposite. i'm 97.63% sure i bombed the MMI, but 70% think I did very well on the panel.

Archived