Premed 101 Forums

UofT DDS acceptance/waitlist/reject 2019

Waitlist

GPA: 3.98

DAT: AA 21 PAT 18

interview: pretty good, I thought I did very well on Q1 and Q3, but Q2 I felt iffy about. 

Comments - pretty sure DAT is making the difference for me here, but I'm still hopeful! 

So annoying that they aren't giving out waitlist numbers. Does anyone know how long the waitlist is generally? :) 

3 hours ago, heatonist said:

Wait, so it is the case that each individual course needs to be greater than 3.0 GPA?

Whoops I replied to the wrong post, but no, just your OVERALL GPA should be greater than 3.0. That being said, don't get too comfortable to the point of failing everything, but relax. Your GPAs are all near 4.0's anyways.

1 hour ago, Zezima said:

Whoops I replied to the wrong post, but no, just your OVERALL GPA should be greater than 3.0. That being said, don't get too comfortable to the point of failing everything, but relax. Your GPAs are all near 4.0's anyways.

Thank god lol there's a lab course that relies heavily on group work and my group has been dragging me through the mud so I was terrified I wouldn't reach 3.0 for that specific class

Does anyone know if U of T looks at Voluntary Withdrawals for courses taken post-degree? I graduated in the spring with all of my requirements but took a few US prerequisite courses in my gap year as a backup. Now that I got my Toronto acceptance I don't need those so I'd like to drop them (or at least one) and use the time to save up some money instead. I emailed admissions, just thought I'd ask here also while I'm waiting for their response.

Edit: I called and they said it doesn't matter as long as the transcript I sent in with my application with all of the requirements in it doesn't change :)

19 hours ago, ruvi24 said:

Does anyone know if U of T looks at Voluntary Withdrawals for courses taken post-degree? I graduated in the spring with all of my requirements but took a few US prerequisite courses in my gap year as a backup. Now that I got my Toronto acceptance I don't need those so I'd like to drop them (or at least one) and use the time to save up some money instead. I emailed admissions, just thought I'd ask here also while I'm waiting for their response.

It might be quicker/faster to call admissions! :) I had something similar (not a voluntary withdrawal so unfortunately I'm not sure about your situation) but they answered it in like 2 seconds over the phone. 

On 2/27/2019 at 3:02 PM, ruvi24 said:

Edit: I called and they said it doesn't matter as long as the transcript I sent in with my application with all of the requirements in it doesn't change :)

I'm in the same situation! I'm currently taking post degree courses.
I emailed and they asked me to send in my current transcript...

Is it really okay?

On 3/1/2019 at 12:42 AM, Lildentisthopeful said:

I'm in the same situation! I'm currently taking post degree courses.
I emailed and they asked me to send in my current transcript...

Is it really okay?

I called and e-mailed and both times they said I shouldn't have to send in another transcript. Maybe PM me a screenshot of the e-mail you got and I'll compare it to mine

2 hours ago, Bentist said:

Anyone know when the waitlist usually moves a lot? Anyone on the waitlist gotten an acceptance yet?

It is unfortunate they aren't giving rankings this year. That at least gives you an idea of what your chances are so you know what to expect.

I think it'll start moving in May when other med/dent schools start sending out acceptances. UBC is supposed to give out offers by the end of March so some movement then too probably! 

• 2 weeks later...