Premed 101 Forums

UBC Verifiers

I have seen some posts here indicating that UBC has started contacting verifiers. If someone's verifiers are not contacted, does that mean anything negative?

Does UBC contact verifiers for sure or there are cases where verifiers were not contacted at all but interview invitation came through?

Please advise.

Thanks

9 hours ago, rainy said:

I have seen some posts here indicating that UBC has started contacting verifiers. If someone's verifiers are not contacted, does that mean anything negative?

Does UBC contact verifiers for sure or there are cases where verifiers were not contacted at all but interview invitation came through?

Please advise.

Thanks

Hey! Don't stress!! The first time I applied, a bunch of my verifiers were contacted. The second time I applied (and was accepted), almost no one was contacted to my knowledge. I don't know the rhyme or reason but this isn't something to stress over :) It is also super early in the cycle, so I'm sure there are applications they haven't looked at yet, and therefore haven't contacted verifiers yet.

Thank you guys for replying

I got a bit worried. May be one of my verifiers has been contacted, I dont know. I met early application deadline.  I am 4th year B.Sc. student (IP) with 91.5% including winter session after 3 years and 90.5% excluding winter session and MCAT 515. Most of my verifiers have organizational emails except for a couple with gmail.

I guess it is a waiting game.

34 minutes ago, rainy said:

Thank you guys for replying

I got a bit worried. May be one of my verifiers has been contacted, I dont know. I met early application deadline.  I am 4th year B.Sc. student (IP) with 91.5% including winter session after 3 years and 90.5% excluding winter session and MCAT 515. Most of my verifiers have organizational emails except for a couple with gmail.

I guess it is a waiting game.

Furthermore with stats like this your chances of getting in are above 50% already - you don't need to blow NAQ out of the water! Don't stress too much you got this fingers crossed

I have one more question:

I applied to Ontario schools also. I noticed that in the completed application, one of my referee's address is not shown, but for the other two references addresses are also shown.

I was not sure why it does not show. As far as I remember, without the complete information the request could not be delivered. In my sketches, the address is given. I contacted OMSAS and they said that the refree can update information even after submission but were not clear to indicate how. Is it done through the "reset link"? or do we really need to do anything? They I heard that they are usually contacted through emails. It is a fairly large company and also also has a website.

Thanks

Hi 

If you don’t mind sharing some information. What was your academic score? I believe cut off for interview is around 52. Was it around 35? Is there a formula they use to calculate?

Also, what did you change in your application from the previous year to get accepted?
Sorry  for a lot of questions.

Thanks 

14 hours ago, rainy said:

Hi 

If you don’t mind sharing some information. What was your academic score? I believe cut off for interview is around 52. Was it around 35? Is there a formula they use to calculate?

Also, what did you change in your application from the previous year to get accepted?
Sorry  for a lot of questions.

Thanks 

I'll PM you!

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2020 at 12:47 PM, marsaturn20 said:

Do you guys know if UBC only contacts verifiers after meeting the GPA/MCAT requirements. I’m still waiting for my mcat scores back and I already submitted my application and none of verifiers have been contacted. TYSM!

Some of my verifiers were contacted before I released my MCAT score, and some were contacted after.