Premed 101 Forums

MCAT score (CARS)

Is it possible to get in with a 124 in CARS? Yes, I know people who got in who had 124 in CARS, and even as low as 500 total score. Is it common? Who knows - UBC is a black box when it comes to how they assess the MCAT. Some rumours say it's a tie-breaker between applicants with matching total file scores post-interview (a former Adcom member I'm close with told me this), some rumours say CARS has a higher weight than the other three sections, and some rumours say as long as you meet the cutoffs then the MCAT score will not hold you back. We really don't know.

What you do know is 511 is a great total score, better than 80% of people who have ever sat this test. Just to put it in perspective! You did better than 80% of premeds. No need to stress - let's first worry about getting an interview spot! And then maybe consider rewriting if you want to apply to Ontario or if you're not getting in after a few tries at UBC

Just now, Excel-erate Your Breath said:

Is it possible to get in with a 124 in CARS? Yes, I know people who got in who had 124 in CARS, and even as low as 500 total score. Is it common? Who knows - UBC is a black box when it comes to how they assess the MCAT. Some rumours say it's a tie-breaker between applicants with matching total file scores post-interview (a former Adcom member I'm close with told me this), some rumours say CARS has a higher weight than the other three sections, and some rumours say as long as you meet the cutoffs then the MCAT score will not hold you back. We really don't know.

What you do know is 511 is a great total score, better than 80% of people who have ever sat this test. Just to put it in perspective! You did better than 80% of premeds. No need to stress - let's first worry about getting an interview spot! And then maybe consider rewriting if you want to apply to Ontario or if you're not getting in after a few tries at UBC

Thank you :) :)