Premed 101 Forums

Got my DAT scores back, should I rewrite because of PAT?

I just got my DAT scores back and I'm not too sure about my PAT, I'm pretty happy with everything else. Ideally I would want to go to Western or UofT. I scored 23RC, 23AA (25 Bio, 21 Chem) and 19 PAT. My average is a little on the lower side than what I see here, 87-88%, not sure about GPA. Do you think I should re-write and run the risk of lowering my RC/AA? Thanks for your help!!!

I don’t know which way specific schools do it but some schools use the highest scores, while others use the most recent. If you already applied for this year the feb scores won’t matter. I know for uoft the pat average was 20 but that’s the average there’s bound to be people who scored lower. Also you have your gpa, essays, and Casper that determines your admissions there. I didn’t apply to western so I don’t know about their admissions. I will say tho that this cycle has way to many unknowns. There were less people who did the dat this year so who knows what the stats will be 

On 12/13/2020 at 12:45 PM, SamR said:

Your scores are pretty good! As long as your GPA and essays are lacking I wouldn't worry too much about your DAT scores :)

I agree with Sam. Don't overlook a 23AA - you probably beat out 90% of the test-takers right there. 87-88% is more than plenty (probably the average acceptance GPA for UWO, imo). I don't think there's a reason for you to retake :). Keep it up! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 5:33 PM, mightychondria69 said:

I just got my DAT scores back and I'm not too sure about my PAT, I'm pretty happy with everything else. Ideally I would want to go to Western or UofT. I scored 23RC, 23AA (25 Bio, 21 Chem) and 19 PAT. My average is a little on the lower side than what I see here, 87-88%, not sure about GPA. Do you think I should re-write and run the risk of lowering my RC/AA? Thanks for your help!!!

How did you prepare for bio and rc?

• 1 month later...