Premed 101 Forums

University Of Alberta 2021 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2025

Sweetjasmine

@SamAlfra Thank you! I'm IP. I can't be too sure but I think the difference maker may be that the last time I took a university course was in 2018, so they already had all the materials they needed to make a decision before the transcript deadline. When did all your transcripts arrive?

Don't worry too much!! Transcript deadline is June 15 so it'd be silly of them to make too many decisions before getting the full picture for all applicants. 

@VBryce is your IP/OOP status and transcript situation similar to mine at all? Are you willing to share your stats/work & volunteer experience? I have no idea how we got admitted so soon :confused:

2 hours ago, ac2025 said:

@SamAlfra Thank you! I'm IP. I can't be too sure but I think the difference maker may be that the last time I took a university course was in 2018, so they already had all the materials they needed to make a decision before the transcript deadline. When did all your transcripts arrive?

Don't worry too much!! Transcript deadline is June 15 so it'd be silly of them to make too many decisions before getting the full picture for all applicants. 

@VBryce is your IP/OOP status and transcript situation similar to mine at all? Are you willing to share your stats/work & volunteer experience? I have no idea how we got admitted so soon :confused:

I am an IP student as well! My transcripts were in early, and I did my interview in May!

My OGPA was 3.94 and my pre requisite GPA was around 3.0. I did the majority of my pre requisites nearly 10 years ago, and since then I have two undergrad degrees! So I definitely think they took into consideration the improvement of my grades since I did my pre requisites. I didn’t have any pharmacy experience, but I had work and volunteer experience in other fields! 
Wishing everyone luck and excited to meet you all in the fall :) 

35 minutes ago, Pharmstude said:

For those of you who got accepted, do you mind sharing your stats and EC’s? I just want to compare with others. Thank you!!

IP

Overall GPA: 3.82

Science GPA: 3.66

Highest credit weight GPA: 3.26 / 3.97 / 3.67 / 3.97 (avg. 3.72)

Work experience: 

- 8 years as an optometric assistant

- 1 year as a research assistant in a science psychology lab 

Volunteer experience: 

- Founded and led a student group (focusing on public health education, volunteerism, and fundraising for charity) for 2 years, general member for 1 year 

- 7 years with a local theatre festival 

- 11 years of community service, international humanitarian projects, and leadership roles with Rotary International

I completed a BSc in 4 years, then did an extra year as a special student. Been working full time in a clinical setting for the past 3 years. Absolutely no pharmacy experience. 

I always found it helpful to look at the stats and activities of people who were accepted in previous years so I hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Pharmstude said:

For those of you who got accepted, do you mind sharing your stats and EC’s? I just want to compare with others. Thank you!!

IP

OGPA: 4.0

Highest credit GPA: 3.2/3.9/4.0/4.0 

Work experience: 2 years as a sales associate

Volunteer experience at a seniors home

Just graduated with Bachelor of Science this spring!

Hey do you guys know if you can delay your accept/decline for other offers? I applied into pharmacy and I am waiting for the results but my back up plan was to do food science. I have until June 28th to accept it and I have to pay $500 non refundable tuition fee. Is there any way I can delay it until I get accepted or declined for pharmacy because they make decisions till August? Anyone else in the same boat?   

25 minutes ago, Zora said:

I meant for another program.. like if you got accepted for something else other than pharmacy? 

Highly doubt that you would be able to get the non refundable tuition payment deadline delayed. The university is usually pretty strict about those deadlines.

55 minutes ago, Scept said:

Highly doubt that you would be able to get the non refundable tuition payment deadline delayed. The university is usually pretty strict about those deadlines.

i talked to them they said if i get accepted to another program at ualberta.. tuition can be transferred over 

On 6/10/2021 at 12:35 AM, PharmD199 said:

IP

OGPA: 4.0

Highest credit GPA: 3.2/3.9/4.0/4.0 

Work experience: 2 years as a sales associate

Volunteer experience at a seniors home

Just graduated with Bachelor of Science this spring!

did you complete a degree before pharmacy?